Loss of FPV Signal From 1ft Away - RC Groups
Nov 10, 2017, 01:36 PM
Help!

Loss of FPV Signal From 1ft Away

Please take some time to look over the information I have provided to help my fix this problem and get back in the air!

Problem
When I power on my quad and look into my video goggles, the picture has a lot of breakup. This is very odd as I am standing right next to the VTX and antenna. My goggles show a very inconsistent RSSI strength. The connection flickers from 100% signal strength to 20% very quickly.

Parts
Here is what I cam currently runnning for my FPV setup...
Goggles
- FatShark Dominator HD3
- LaForge V2 (Version 2.1)

Receiving antennas
- 5.8 GHz SpiroNET Mini Patch Antenna (RHCP)
- VAS 5.8 GHz <ad Mushroom Antenna (RHCP)

Camera
- RunCam Swift Rotor Riot Edition

VTX
- TBS Unify Pro HV 5G8 - Race (SMA)

Transmitting antenna
-TBS Triumph 5.8GHz CP (SMA)

Attempted fixes
- Factory reset goggles and re-calibrated RSSI
- Changed VTX channel and band (viewed channel on both LaForge "spectate mode" and "manual mode")
- I have used different combinations of antennas and transmitters and received the same results
- Extracted FPV system from quad and set it up on a separate power distribution board. I achieved the same results using this method so I believe this rules out any interference from other components. I suppose this is a good time to mention that I have run this exact set up before without any problems sooo yeah
to remove ads between posts
Nov 14, 2017, 03:01 AM
Master of Disaster
Did you unlock your vtx?

It sorta sounds like your in pit mode.

Quick Reply