Fatshark Dominator V3 or Aomway commander - RC Groups
Nov 10, 2017, 12:42 PM
Discussion

Fatshark Dominator V3 or Aomway commander

I know there are so many post, but I want to know which is better at the same price. All reviews compare these two googles including their prices,but if they cost the same, which one is better?
to remove ads between posts
Nov 10, 2017, 12:50 PM
The Commanders seem like better value to me, bearing in mind you get the diversity receiver and both antennas. The Aomways can often be found cheaper (they're currently on sale again at Banggood, btw.) anyway.

It depends on how much you value the Fat Shark support.
Nov 10, 2017, 12:59 PM
There is a pretty significant price difference between the two. The Dominator V3 is excellenct, but doesn't come with a recevier. To get the equivalent, you'll need something like the Furious FPV True-D diversity module, which is about $80, on top of the $325 (discounted) for the Dom V3.
Nov 10, 2017, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guidoracer
There is a pretty significant price difference between the two. The Dominator V3 is excellenct, but doesn't come with a recevier. To get the equivalent, you'll need something like the Furious FPV True-D diversity module, which is about $80, on top of the $325 (discounted) for the Dom V3.
But I can buy the dom v3 for 240 ( I am european,don't hate me ) and a rx of Eachine/Realacc, what cost about 260/270, the same as aomway( it is for 260) in bg
Nov 10, 2017, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaime9714
But I can buy the dom v3 for 240 ( I am european,don't hate me ) and a rx of Eachine/Realacc, what cost about 260/270, the same as aomway( it is for 260) in bg
Just get the fatsharks then since you can get the goggles and receiver at the same price as the aomways. I'm surprised this was even a question.
Nov 10, 2017, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashaccepted
Just get the fatsharks then since you can get the goggles and receiver at the same price as the aomways. I'm surprised this was even a question.
But Aomway has better FOV and resolution
Nov 10, 2017, 02:32 PM
Where are the Dominators available for €240? Just curious. :-)

From what I've read these goggles are basically on par with each other. There are little design things that would sway me towards the Aomways e.g. the fan is inside rather than stuck on top and the SD card slot is a better location, the supposedly slightly larger FOV is a plus but may not make that much difference. The UAVFutures guy uses Aomways even though he has the full suite of FatSharks to hand and I've heard of other pro racers rejecting the Dom V3s in favour of the Commanders, but you have to bear in mind there's a difference in the fit too: the Aomways have a flatter profile whereas the FatSharks curve more - could be something to consider?
Nov 10, 2017, 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenwood
Where are the Dominators available for 240? Just curious. :-)

From what I've read these goggles are basically on par with each other. There are little design things that would sway me towards the Aomways e.g. the fan is inside rather than stuck on top and the SD card slot is a better location, the supposedly slightly larger FOV is a plus but may not make that much difference. The UAVFutures guy uses Aomways even though he has the full suite of FatSharks to hand and I've heard of other pro racers rejecting the Dom V3s in favour of the Commanders, but you have to bear in mind there's a difference in the fit too: the Aomways have a flatter profile whereas the FatSharks curve more - could be something to consider?
Banggood
Nov 10, 2017, 04:04 PM
They are listed at €300 for me. Nothing in the EU warehouse either.
Nov 10, 2017, 05:39 PM
I would say they are very close to the same...With the service centers, warranty and aftermarket things for the FS I still think the nod goes to them.

30 800x480
32 854x480

Quote:
Nov 10, 2017, 05:47 PM
Quote:
Which is more important to you? Overall price or actual performance?

How about the fit of the goggles? I own commanders, I have tested fatsharks, the ev100, box goggles and none of them fit me as good as the commanders.

How about support? Fatsharks have better support than aomway.

In the end it is you who has to decide what you want to spend your money on. Short of trying both items in person paper specs will only get you so far. You might as well make a pro/con list between the two based on your preferences and see which one comes out on top especially if you can get either one for the same price.
Nov 10, 2017, 11:00 PM
I can vouch for the dominator v3. I have been using mine for over a year and I do love them. The dvr works for what it is designed for, quad recovery. If you go with the V3, you wont be disappointed. Some will complain about a stretched picture when using 4:3 cameras, trust me, you will adapt and not even notice the squashed picture after flying a few packs.

I have used my goggles in below zero celcius temps with no issues. I have dropped them, and forgot that they were on my head and banged them off the roof of my car when getting in the driver seat many times, and they still work, no damage.

I cannot speak for the Aomway goggles, I am sure they work fine, but the FS Dom v3 are a great goggle that is durable and robust. You get what you pay for.

If you run a camera with 16:9 aspect ratio, the picture is very nice. No eyestrain at all, and you do not have to move your eyes at all when flying. Everything is in view perfectly (at least for my eyes with 20:20 vision). I usually fly around 10 packs in a session, one right after another, and my eyes never feel tired with them, no headaches.

I am running the furious tru-d module, ver 3.2 with no issues for well over 4 months of heavy use. This module is worth the money. I ran the fatshark 5.8 gig module, and it worked great for up close flying (no more than 100 metre distance).

The best advice before dropping the cash, try them both out. Go to a local flying field and see if any pilots have those goggles and ask to see them. Most pilots will not hesitate to let you have a peek. Most hobby stores do not have demo models, but if your lucky, the employees working there may have the goggles your interested in and may let you have a peek at them.

Take your time making the purchase, it is a chunk of change to shell out, for either goggle you are considering. If you do the research, then you will have invested your money wisely and in turn, you will enjoy flying that much more.

TRY BEFORE YOU BUY. Buyers remorse is a bitch. Fortunately, if you do not like the goggles you end up buying, they are a quick resell with minimal loss. I have known guys to buy a goggle, hate them immediately, then sell them for 60-100 bucks less then what they paid for them.

Food for thought.

I hope this helps, and good luck in your search.
Nov 11, 2017, 03:21 AM
The Attitude V4s are a better option in my opinion. I haven't tried the Commanders, but I have tried the Dom V3s and I prefer the Attitudes over those.
If you want to buy from BG, they have them for 270 and they come with a receiver.
Nov 11, 2017, 03:46 AM
If you prefer 4:3, then the Attitude V4 is better. If you prefer 16:9, then go with the Commander, Dominator V3, or Skyzone SKY02S V+ (the one I went with).
Nov 11, 2017, 06:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guidoracer
If you prefer 4:3, then the Attitude V4 is better. If you prefer 16:9, then go with the Commander, Dominator V3, or Skyzone SKY02S V+ (the one I went with).
I tried SKY02s and it does not fit with my face, nose. Aomway commander has the problem of rare noses or it is normal as Fatshark?