Autopilot for Fixed-wing,which one? - RC Groups
Nov 10, 2017, 09:13 AM
Discussion

Autopilot for Fixed-wing,which one?

Hi guys,

I'm going to get a autopilot fixed-wing,around some $70.00US dollars budget,any ideas?
to remove ads between posts
Nov 10, 2017, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbyreayd
Hi guys,

I'm going to get a autopilot fixed-wing,around some $70.00US dollars budget,any ideas?
F2S Flight controller from BG should fit the budget if you want one with in built OSD and GPS, and Amps module included.
Nov 10, 2017, 03:02 PM
Omnibus F4 with iNav
Nov 10, 2017, 03:41 PM
I'd spend a little more and get one with a few more features (like a good OSD), and ones that are easy to setup. I think you should consider an FY-41AP Lite autopilot. This is listed for ~$115-150 at diff stores. For example, $115 at HK right now;

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/fy-41ap-...osd-combo.html

I've been using an FY-41AP Lite on an E-glider (Easystar ii) and this has worked very well for me. Very easy to setup and I have been able to do this just using the OSD menu (no PC has been required). The RTL (return to launch) and ACM (auto-circling) nac modes have worked flawlessly. Because my e-glider has a much lower stall speed than it's cruise speed and I don't fly in very windy conditions, I have never bothered to use the airspeed sensor (one less component to worry about). I also like having 3x flight modes; manual (no stabilization), ABM (self-levelling), and 3D (stabilized, but not self-levelling).

Here's an example of a couple of my flights with this.

EasyStar II FPV with a 41ap autopilot (3 min 22 sec)

EasyStar II FPV take 2 (4 min 19 sec)