paint code color suggestions for the P-47 "The Deacon" - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Nov 10, 2017, 12:42 AM
No Guts, No Glory!
Discussion

paint code color suggestions for the P-47 "The Deacon"

any suggestions for the main paint code color to use for the P-47 "The Deacon"

asking because I want to do a repaint of the E-flite 1.2m 47 so to be the big brother to the little Deacon
if I could get the right color it would be able to support touch-ups for both birds...

at first I thought it may be olive drab but maybe it has more of a tan\brownish hue to it I think...

-M
Last edited by HuffDaddy; Nov 10, 2017 at 12:52 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 10, 2017, 10:21 PM
No Guts, No Glory!
I decided to take the UMX P47 down to Lowes for a color match... not sure of the sample they made me, it seems a little more brown than the plane but I am going to try it out ... I stopped by harbor freight and picked up a cheapy airbrush combo, rookie attempt but going to give it a go

-M
Last edited by HuffDaddy; Nov 12, 2017 at 09:48 PM.
Nov 12, 2017, 06:03 PM
No Guts, No Glory!
its starting to look like something... and what it started out as of course...
Last edited by HuffDaddy; Nov 12, 2017 at 09:49 PM.
Nov 12, 2017, 09:45 PM
No Guts, No Glory!
first attempt at using a cheapy $68 Harbor Freight airbrush kit instead of rattle cans and hoping I don't screw it up... seems like it worked out and didn't have to worry about melting any foam

finished the painting tonight, needs a little cleanup and decals but its done... not sure if the nose needs the white band to be widened a smidge or not... tomorrow, reconnect linkages and the glue canopy down, its just resting on-top for the moment...

spent Friday eve and most of the day Saturday taping and painting and used a blow dryer to accelerate the drying so I cold keep moving... I suck at being patient and need to take my time and not rush stuff ... it would have taken someone that knows what they're doing probably 2-3 hours tops over a couple days whereas I spent probably 13 hours on it in 2 days (actually 2.3 days) LOL but, I knew that going into it and had fun

hey, its not going to win any contests, just going ti get the typical hangar rash taking it back & forth to the airfield but from a few feet away it actually looks ok... get too close and it reveals I'm not even an amateur artist

from 20' away on the runway and cruisin' pass me on slow fly-bys it should look the part

-M