Tritle 60" PA18 Super Cub - RC Groups
Nov 09, 2017, 11:14 PM
This is what 2 HP looks like
Discussion

Tritle 60" PA18 Super Cub

At long last I'm finally able to get working on this kit which has been stowed under the bench for three years. I won't bore everybody about the usual stuff of how I like Cubs, especially Super Cubs, or the fact that I've never even flown in one before. So without beating about the bush any longer I'll get on with it. I'm going to apologize early to all that find this thread, that my builds move along at a glacial pace for anyone new to my take on model building. For those that suffered through the Guillows Fokker DVII build, I'll try to move this one along a bit faster.

I plan to follow Pat's guidance on the build as much as possible, and probably tweak the construction a little bit to strengthen the fuselage up around the landing gear, as my field is rough and bumpy. My thoughts are to make a shock absorbing landing gear, but we will revisit that notion at a later date as the build progresses.

As for the parts, the power comes from 2200 mah 2s Revo batteries. The motor is an E-Max GT2218/11 830 kv outrunner with an 11x6 Falcon wooden prop mounted in the photo. An APC prop will be used for the initial test flights. ESC is a switch mode 30 amp Skypower model. Servos are a combination of 8 gram E-Max nylon gear for the ailerons and flaps, and metal gear for the rudder and elevator. Wheels are from the E-Flite super scale PA-18. My radio gear will be a Specktrum DX9 with either a Lemon or Specktrum Rx on board.

That is it for now, hope to start construction within the week, or two or month. :-)
to remove ads between posts