Does the term "puritanical witch hunters" apply to any currently active group,... - RC Groups
Nov 09, 2017, 10:48 PM
Je Suis Turkana Boy
Question

Does the term "puritanical witch hunters" apply to any currently active group,...

... trend, or movement?

Discuss.
Nov 09, 2017, 11:10 PM
Well, Roy Moore is definitely a puritanical witch hunter, and look how things are going for him:

Roy Moore says 'forces of evil' behind report of sexual contact with 14-year-old

Alabama Republican Senate candidate Roy Moore lashed out Thursday at what he called "the Obama-Clinton machine's liberal media lapdogs" after The Washington Post reported on a woman's claims that the former judge and staunch social conservative initiated a sexual encounter with her when she was 14.

In a series of tweets Thursday evening, Moore claimed "The forces of evil will lie, cheat, steal –– even inflict physical harm –– if they believe it will silence and shut up Christian conservatives."

Woman says Roy Moore initiated sexual encounter when she was 14, he was 32

Leigh Corfman says she was 14 years old when an older man approached her outside a courtroom in Etowah County, Ala. She was sitting on a wooden bench with her mother, they both recall, when the man introduced himself as Roy Moore.

It was early 1979 and Moore — now the Republican nominee in Alabama for a U.S. Senate seat — was a 32-year-old assistant district attorney. He struck up a conversation, Corfman and her mother say, and offered to watch the girl while her mother went inside for a child custody hearing.

He said, ‘Oh, you don’t want her to go in there and hear all that. I’ll stay out here with her,’ ” says Corfman’s mother, Nancy Wells, 71. “I thought, how nice for him to want to take care of my little girl.”
Nov 10, 2017, 07:45 AM
turn, turn, turn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcposter
... trend, or movement?

Discuss.
Perhaps the Communist witch Hunters from the forties and fifties.
Or perhaps the alternate news gossip spreaders of today.

All these groups including the op, relied on false information and fear.
Nov 10, 2017, 09:22 AM
Gad, all this dirt digging the mud throwing about claims of sexual assaults, a Republican gynecologist doesn't have a chance of ever running for office.
Nov 10, 2017, 10:30 AM
Je Suis Turkana Boy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Sharp
Perhaps the Communist witch Hunters from the forties and fifties.
Or perhaps the alternate news gossip spreaders of today.

All these groups including the op, relied on false information and fear.
That's certainly unpleasant to hear.

I don't want to do/be what you mention. I invite you to elaborate, and to do so knowing I genuinely want to learn about myself and the world we inhabit.
Edit: Honestly, no hard feelings. I won't do the whole "well I never" routine. Your candid elaboration is invited.
Last edited by rcposter; Nov 10, 2017 at 10:51 AM.
Nov 10, 2017, 11:51 AM
Misfit Multirotor Monkey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Depronicus
Well, Roy Moore is definitely a puritanical witch hunter, and look how things are going for him:

Roy Moore says 'forces of evil' behind report of sexual contact with 14-year-old

Alabama Republican Senate candidate Roy Moore lashed out Thursday at what he called "the Obama-Clinton machine's liberal media lapdogs" after The Washington Post reported on a woman's claims that the former judge and staunch social conservative initiated a sexual encounter with her when she was 14.

In a series of tweets Thursday evening, Moore claimed "The forces of evil will lie, cheat, steal –– even inflict physical harm –– if they believe it will silence and shut up Christian conservatives."

Woman says Roy Moore initiated sexual encounter when she was 14, he was 32

Leigh Corfman says she was 14 years old when an older man approached her outside a courtroom in Etowah County, Ala. She was sitting on a wooden bench with her mother, they both recall, when the man introduced himself as Roy Moore.

It was early 1979 and Moore — now the Republican nominee in Alabama for a U.S. Senate seat — was a 32-year-old assistant district attorney. He struck up a conversation, Corfman and her mother say, and offered to watch the girl while her mother went inside for a child custody hearing.

He said, ‘Oh, you don’t want her to go in there and hear all that. I’ll stay out here with her,’ ” says Corfman’s mother, Nancy Wells, 71. “I thought, how nice for him to want to take care of my little girl.”
And no one finds it curious that after 40 years, just days before a very important election, a number of woman decide to come forward.

This 'out of the blue' stuff needs to end. I am not saying woman who have been sexually abused need to live with it, but there should be some time limitation. Say. . . the person, woman OR man, has not been influenced in any way by the person they are accusing (no power over them, other than the emotions of the act in the past) for more than . . oh. . five years, any allegations are now moot. Most especially if the person accusing has no other circumstantial evidence other that just making the accusation, i.e., a verifiable old diary, inappropriate dated gifts, any sort of dated evidence.

As I've said before, what's to stop ANY one from making ANY claim. I could accuse any co-worker of decades past of stealing a $30,000 Rolex out of my desk, and I expect law enforcement to buy the claim?
Nov 10, 2017, 02:21 PM
Quote:
And no one finds it curious that after 40 years, just days before a very important election, a number of woman decide to come forward.
Better late than never!
Nov 10, 2017, 03:42 PM
turn, turn, turn.
Quote:
That's certainly unpleasant to hear.

I don't want to do/be what you mention. I invite you to elaborate, and to do so knowing I genuinely want to learn about myself and the world we inhabit.
Edit: Honestly, no hard feelings. I won't do the whole "well I never" routine. Your candid elaboration is invited.
Spreading alternate news undermines the Democratic process in our society.

When gossip becomes news, Justice is forsaken.
Nov 10, 2017, 04:44 PM
I smell lithium now
Quote:

Discuss.
YOU'RE NOT MY SUPERVISOR! (0 min 3 sec)

Nov 10, 2017, 10:32 PM
Nov 11, 2017, 01:33 PM
Je Suis Turkana Boy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Sharp
Spreading alternate news undermines the Democratic process in our society.

When gossip becomes news, Justice is forsaken.
Thank you. I will be vigilant.
Might you refer me to an example in my posting history here so I can be certain of what you refer to?

Thanks again, Kenny.
Nov 11, 2017, 04:42 PM
turn, turn, turn.
Quote:
Thank you. I will be vigilant.
Might you refer me to an example in my posting history here so I can be certain of what you refer to?

Thanks again, Kenny.
I wasn't talking about you at all.
I was merely discussing the Op, and some of the similarities that I found with the Op.

I suspect that I went in a totally different direction than what was expected.
Nov 11, 2017, 07:00 PM
As a bona fide Witch myself, I'm not sure if I should be looking for those Puritanical witches that are being hunted and offer support.
Nov 12, 2017, 02:33 PM
Misfit Multirotor Monkey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberdactyl

This 'out of the blue' stuff needs to end. I am not saying woman who have been sexually abused need to live with it, but there should be some time limitation. Say. . . the person, woman OR man, has not been influenced in any way by the person they are accusing (no power over them, other than the emotions of the act in the past) for more than . . oh. . five years, any allegations are now moot. Most especially if the person accusing has no other circumstantial evidence other that just making the accusation, i.e., a verifiable old diary, inappropriate dated gifts, any sort of dated evidence.

As I've said before, what's to stop ANY one from making ANY claim. I could accuse any co-worker of decades past of stealing a $30,000 Rolex out of my desk, and I expect law enforcement to buy the claim?
Ahhh Paul Joseph Watson must read LTUP

N8ugLDl0kLY
Nov 12, 2017, 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottrc78
Gad, all this dirt digging the mud throwing about claims of sexual assaults, a Republican gynecologist doesn't have a chance of ever running for office.

Well if the Gynecology was done as a hobby without a degree...............

and against the will of the patients .................................then I'm OK with that. (them having trouble running for office or dog catcher.regardless of Party affiliation!!)
Last edited by me11owman; Nov 12, 2017 at 05:15 PM. Reason: sp according to SpellCheck any way...........