LiPo balance/main connector discharge simultaneously - RC Groups
Nov 09, 2017, 07:42 PM
Help!

LiPo balance/main connector discharge simultaneously

Hey dudes/ dudettes... is it ok to utilize both leads (balance & main cables) simultaneously? Iím utilizing a basecam type of gimbal for a flir vue. Along with that, a video transmitter and small receiver. The gimbal needs 11.1v, the video transmitter is good between 7 and 24v. The flir camera and receiver Iím regulating at 5v.

As of now, Iím using 2x 3s 11.1v 1500 mah. One dedicated to the gimbal, the other dedicated to the 5v regulated rx and camera along with the transmitter being unregulated.

The gimbal power cable fits the balance plug. The other stuff I have wired up for the xt60 connector.

Instead of using two 1500 mah packs, can I use a single 2200 mah pack using the balance and xt60 cables simultaneously?

This would save me a little over an ounce plus make the platform easier to balance.

Thanks, hope Iím being clear enough!
to remove ads between posts
Nov 09, 2017, 11:29 PM
What current does the gimbal power system draw? The balance cables are generally limited to about 2A, maybe a bit more. Also, does it only connect to the end contacts of that cable, and use no power from the intervening two contacts?

Personally, I would add a JST-XH connector in parallel to the XT60 connectors, so the current is not limited to the gimbal motors.