Nov 10, 2017, 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RumRunner_1492
Nope. Some citizen is not going to get a job because of their heritage and they will sue because the employer thought they were an illegal alien.
So, the bottom line for you is businesses not be required to use a data base to help authenticate the legal status of a potential employee?
Nov 10, 2017, 10:59 AM
Quote:
Use and abuse? They voluntarily come here for the job. They also get protections under the law.

I have no insensitivity toward my fellow man but I do have insensitivity for criminals who enter our country illegally. Why would you support having our laws broken?
For the same reason that I don't support the idiot (the word used by the district atty) police officer who arrested the lady who was delivering the adult purchases. The law was a feel good law for nut case left overs from the puritan era.

The same is true for our immigration laws... everyone knows they are pitifully outdated and only so because politicians refuse to update them.... and everyone knows why.... because Republicans don't want to upset their Nativist base... aka immigrant haters.
Nov 10, 2017, 01:25 PM
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libelle201B
So, the bottom line for you is businesses not be required to use a data base to help authenticate the legal status of a potential employee?
Did you miss where I said I support e-verify?
Nov 10, 2017, 01:29 PM
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by AA5BY
For the same reason that I don't support the idiot (the word used by the district atty) police officer who arrested the lady who was delivering the adult purchases. The law was a feel good law for nut case left overs from the puritan era.

The same is true for our immigration laws... everyone knows they are pitifully outdated and only so because politicians refuse to update them.... and everyone knows why.... because Republicans don't want to upset their Nativist base... aka immigrant haters.
I agree our immigration laws are outdated. You should like that Trump is trying to modernize them. Of course I'm sure you don't.

We should allow more guest workers which Trump is trying to do and continue the increased enforcement of our immigration laws. If you want to work here then do it legally. If you are here illegally you should be prosecuted and ousted from the country.
Nov 10, 2017, 02:06 PM
Quote:
I agree our immigration laws are outdated. You should like that Trump is trying to modernize them. Of course I'm sure you don't.

We should allow more guest workers which Trump is trying to do and continue the increased enforcement of our immigration laws. If you want to work here then do it legally. If you are here illegally you should be prosecuted and ousted from the country.
I supported GW Bush's immigration plan. IIR, he was a Republican. Did you? If yes, why not continue to support such a plan. If no, why not?
Nov 10, 2017, 02:07 PM
Closed Account
Quote:
You should like that Trump is trying to modernize them.
now there's a Euphemism....
Nov 10, 2017, 02:51 PM
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere
Quote:
I supported GW Bush's immigration plan. IIR, he was a Republican. Did you? If yes, why not continue to support such a plan. If no, why not?
I liked much of it especially his attempt to expand the guest worker program. My stepfather became a citizen a few years ago and is from the UK. It's absurd how long it took him and he was clearly an asset to the country. Legal citizenship needs to be streamlined. I agree doing it like most modern countries and having merit based system to become a citizen in the US.
Nov 10, 2017, 03:00 PM
I liked that it required ten years of above board employment with no history of legal problems before applying for citizenship.
Nov 10, 2017, 05:02 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libelle201B
Not a single business raided and its owner jailed or heavily fined, but you already know why!
https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/...assisting-ice/

Yea, keep coming up with that .

Clyde
Nov 10, 2017, 05:09 PM
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere
Quote:
I liked that it required ten years of above board employment with no history of legal problems before applying for citizenship.
Anyone who came here illegally should never be allowed to become a citizen unless they leave the country and then apply. You can't reward illegal behavior.
Nov 10, 2017, 05:15 PM
Companies are still raving about those illegals. Working for low wages. Neither the company or illegal CONTRIBUTE ANYTHING to the USA.

They just steal money & free Emergency Room medical services.
Nov 10, 2017, 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclops2
Companies are still raving about those illegals. Working for low wages. Neither the company or illegal CONTRIBUTE ANYTHING to the USA.

They just steal money & free Emergency Room medical services.
Are you sure?

When working them... I paid them what they were worth... a full day's pay for a full days work which was $17 per hr for framing carpenters and $14 for a laborer. I think that was the going scale at the time for construction in Texas. And.... they had all taxes taken out and I paid the employer share of FICA as well as unemployment taxes to both state and federal.

Was my business the outlier? I don't think it was regarding wages... but agree that it probably was regarding taxes as my men admitted that they could be working for others and not have taxes taken out... but they liked working for me so considered the taxes not to be a deal breaker. They also liked the idea of paying their way. They are a proud people and have a right to be... they work hard and love and care for their families.

I never had a tool stolen by a Hispanic employee... don't ask about the previous years when employing gringos.
Nov 10, 2017, 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenpoprofessor
https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/...assisting-ice/

Yea, keep coming up with that .

Clyde
Now you show me the stats on employers being targeted for hiring illegals. I’ll be waiting.
Nov 10, 2017, 05:40 PM

You were doing great untill

You bad mouthed all your gringos............. No race or religion is bad Just some of the people using it as a disguise for criminal activity.
Nov 10, 2017, 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclops2
You bad mouthed all your gringos............. No race or religion is bad Just some of the people using it as a disguise for criminal activity.
To be specific... I was bad mouthing the framing construction gringos that had worked for me. And in fairness, of course all had not done so. It was perhaps more of a statement of contrast... in the first half of my 38 years in the framing business... I'd had lots of tools stolen by employees and in the last half of my career, none were stolen by Hispanics.

Quick Reply