New Assault Weapons Ban Legislation In Work - RC Groups
Nov 09, 2017, 05:28 PM
The QuadFather
Discussion

New Assault Weapons Ban Legislation In Work

It has started....

https://www.feinstein.senate.gov/pub...lt-weapons-ban
Nov 09, 2017, 05:35 PM
Good idea. Gearing up for the next election.

“We’re introducing an updated Assault Weapons Ban for one reason: so that after every mass shooting with a military-style assault weapon, the American people will know that a tool to reduce these massacres is sitting in the Senate, ready for debate and a vote.
Nov 09, 2017, 05:43 PM
SUPERDOG!
What difference, at this point, does it make?
Nov 09, 2017, 05:58 PM
That goodness the story never made the mistake of calling them "automatic weapons" or something foolish like that.

It makes all the difference .
Nov 09, 2017, 06:13 PM
Further restrictions on semi-auto rifles with large capacity, round feed mechanisms won't make much of an impact on mass shootings. It's too late in the game. Time to tighten up the laws already in place......and that takes money and expansion of personnel....not more political, self serving legislation....
Nov 09, 2017, 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BE77 Pilot

What difference, at this point, does it make?
None. Absolutely no difference whatsoever.

How many military-style semi-automatic "assault rifles", capable of being fitted with high-capacity magazines, do you suppose are in the hands of the American people?

Politicians grandstanding? What a shock!
Nov 09, 2017, 06:16 PM
Ain’t steered. They trot crap like this out every year. It’s a symbolic bill, nothing more, and it won’t fly in a post-Heller America anyway.
Nov 09, 2017, 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lug rig
Further restrictions on semi-auto rifles with large capacity, round feed mechanisms won't make much of an impact on mass shootings. It's too late in the game. Time to tighten up the laws already in place......and that takes money and expansion of personnel....not more political, self serving legislation....
As you said, its all political BS and liberals looking to tell themselves how wonderful they are.

Its not going to stop someone who wants to kill large amounts of people from doing that.
Nov 09, 2017, 06:22 PM
It's ok to be white.
They don't have the numbers and they will not get them. It's just symbolic BS.
Nov 09, 2017, 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WBFAir
As you said, its all political BS and liberals looking to tell themselves how wonderful they are.

Its not going to stop someone who wants to kill large amounts of people from doing that.
Yup, you will never stop them from wanting to kill large amounts of people.
Nov 09, 2017, 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCWorks
They don't have the numbers and they will not get them. It's just symbolic BS.
An that is what makes me so sick about this is they know it, but they go down this road for the own self serving political junk anyway while at the same time never doing anything to really deal with the problems as they know this route is going to get them the attention.

I think out of anything that makes me sick is how so many of there types will just use anything they can such as this to get what they want.

Its about as disgusting at it gets.
Nov 09, 2017, 07:38 PM
The USAF dropped the ball......and in a broader sense, that fact spotlights the problem no one cares to address...
Nov 09, 2017, 08:01 PM
It's just virtue signalling by feinstein when she thinks the time is right. I have seen her do this several times before.
Nov 09, 2017, 09:00 PM
The QuadFather
Quote:
Originally Posted by WBFAir
An that is what makes me so sick about this is they know it, but they go down this road for the own self serving political junk anyway while at the same time never doing anything to really deal with the problems as they know this route is going to get them the attention.

I think out of anything that makes me sick is how so many of there types will just use anything they can such as this to get what they want.

Its about as disgusting at it gets.
That's because they know, but will not admit, that it is not the gun, but the sick behind the trigger. And that is something no gun law will fix.
Nov 09, 2017, 09:09 PM
Misfit Multirotor Monkey
Quote:
Originally Posted by propflux01
This church shooting at least removed Feinstein's renewed focus to ban all rental trucks.

But hey, maybe a bit too soon. . .

Wild Police Chase Los Angeles November 9 2017 (11 min 25 sec)