Thread Tools
Nov 09, 2017, 04:04 PM
Registered User
Question

How to disable AS3X w/Dx5e and UM T-28 S ?


Using a DX5e Transmitter paired to a T-28 Trojan S UM. I would like to disable AS3X 100%

QUESTION: Is there a way to do this? If so, please post it up or any links. Thank you.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Nov 10, 2017, 08:39 AM
Registered User
CorvetteC5's Avatar
To disable the AS3X compensation one needs to reprogram the RX to activate this feature. I have done this on quite a few Spektrum micro receivers using the computer interface and third party software. However the last I checked into this, all SAFE equipped bricks are not programmable using this interface. For example, my UMX Habu and UM Sport Cub S both include SAFE and I have been unable to program them differently. Thus unable to turn off the AS3X too.

An easy option with your T-28 is to replace the brick with a dumb one!
May 10, 2018, 11:20 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorvetteC5
To disable the AS3X compensation one needs to reprogram the RX to activate this feature. I have done this on quite a few Spektrum micro receivers using the computer interface and third party software. However the last I checked into this, all SAFE equipped bricks are not programmable using this interface. For example, my UMX Habu and UM Sport Cub S both include SAFE and I have been unable to program them differently. Thus unable to turn off the AS3X too.

An easy option with your T-28 is to replace the brick with a dumb one!
Can you explain how to do this with a non-safe version that has as3x, like the PKZU2400 parkzone p51?
May 13, 2018, 09:12 AM
Registered User
CorvetteC5's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigs5770
Can you explain how to do this with a non-safe version that has as3x, like the PKZU2400 parkzone p51?
I think this is the link I referenced for use with the Spektrum 3060 programmer and 3rd party software:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...mming-Settings
May 13, 2018, 01:38 PM
Registered User
Clive66's Avatar
Why do you want to turn the AS3X off on a UMX plane?

AS3X doesn't inhibit the flying at all, just helps the plane fly smoother, especially in wind.
Latest blog entry: Goldberg Eagle 2
May 13, 2018, 03:26 PM
Registered User
I'm with Clive on this one. Makes no sense.
May 13, 2018, 04:15 PM
Registered User
dalecheek1's Avatar
Me to........
May 14, 2018, 12:18 AM
What does this button do?
z10user's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive66
Why do you want to turn the AS3X off on a UMX plane?

AS3X doesn't inhibit the flying at all, just helps the plane fly smoother, especially in wind.
Because you can. (although I don't specifically know about the T-28).
1. save a little battery
2. save some wear on the servo tracks
3. stop the chattering when just handling it
4. experiment with flying an aircraft unassisted by stabilization
5. having additional control over something
May 14, 2018, 10:30 AM
Registered User
Clive66's Avatar
z10

Got a laugh from your post, especially from your reasons #1 & #4
As for #3, there's no chatter until you advance the the throttle.
After that, the chatter starts, so you really only hear that after the flight, until you disconnect the battery.
Doesn't bother me at all & I doubt that it bothers the majority of people flying with AS3X.
Latest blog entry: Goldberg Eagle 2
May 14, 2018, 10:58 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by z10user
Because you can. (although I don't specifically know about the T-28).
1. save a little battery
2. save some wear on the servo tracks
3. stop the chattering when just handling it
4. experiment with flying an aircraft unassisted by stabilization
5. having additional control over something
Nope
Nope
Nope
Nope
Nope
May 14, 2018, 10:49 PM
What does this button do?
z10user's Avatar
Clive66: To each their own. You see it your way and that's fine. You're right..the chattering is after landing and before another launch or disconnection.

Mikey 68: I'm pretty sure your opinions are not correct or not applicable. It WOULD save a little battery not having the stabilization going all the time. It WOULD save the servo tracks from excessive wear. It DOES stop the chattering. How can it be wrong to have an interest in flying an aircraft without stabilization? How can it be wrong to be interested in having control of all that you can possibly have control over?
So enjoy your hidden post.
May 14, 2018, 11:20 PM
yank and bank!!
I'm not ready to dismiss his concerns about battery consumption (especially for the tiny 1S batteries) or especially servo wear.


We all like to exert control over things in our life too.
May 15, 2018, 12:53 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by z10user
Clive66: To each their own. You see it your way and that's fine. You're right..the chattering is after landing and before another launch or disconnection.

Mikey 68: I'm pretty sure your opinions are not correct or not applicable. It WOULD save a little battery not having the stabilization going all the time. It WOULD save the servo tracks from excessive wear. It DOES stop the chattering. How can it be wrong to have an interest in flying an aircraft without stabilization? How can it be wrong to be interested in having control of all that you can possibly have control over?
So enjoy your hidden post.
where is it hidden , if it did all that they wouldnt put it in a plane, Funny how a 2 yr neebie knows everything already
May 15, 2018, 01:23 PM
What does this button do?
z10user's Avatar
Mikey 68: Well now we can't even be sure of your math skills.
They "put it in a plane" so that the extra hand-holding is there to make it easier for "neebie"s to get into the hobby rather than getting immediately discouraged after wrecking the thing and blowing all that money only to put the remains on a shelf and move on with life.

I'm beginning to see why your posts are being hidden.
May 15, 2018, 01:48 PM
Registered User
jpurcha's Avatar
Why not fly it in experience mode if you want complete control?

Quote:
Horizon Hobby-exclusive SAFE technology prevents over-control and crashing while also offering multiple modes that deliver more control as your skills progress:

Beginner Mode

Pitch and bank angle limits prevent over-control that can result in a loss of orientation and crashes. When the control sticks are released the airplane returns to level flight on its own. Best of all takeoffs are as simple as giving full throttle and letting the airplane fly off a smooth surface or by giving it a quick hand launch, and landings are as easy as lowering the throttle and letting it glide to a landing on its own.

Intermediate Mode

More freedom in pitch and bank, but still prevents over-control and does not return to level flight on its own. This mode allows you to make tighter turns in smaller areas and to climb and descend faster as your skills advance.

Experienced Mode

No pitch or bank angle limits so you have complete control! You can even fly inverted/upside down and perform aerobatic maneuvers including loops, rolls, stall turns and more. And if you ever lose orientation or control you can activate the self-leveling Panic Recovery Mode by releasing the control sticks and pressing the trigger on the transmitter.


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product HobbyZone UM T-28 Trojan S BNF Basic with SAFE peterswolf Micro Ready-to-Fly 656 Sep 10, 2018 04:16 PM
Discussion Um T-28 as3x conversion Jaygeds Parkflyers 2 Apr 08, 2013 07:24 PM
Question Um t-28 as3x jlrera Scratchbuilt Indoor and Micro Models 13 Jul 11, 2012 01:03 PM
Discussion FS: Super Cub, UM F4U, UM T-28, DX5e, and Celectra 4-port WiperBlade Atlanta Area RC 1 Apr 01, 2012 12:09 PM
Discussion how should i mount these floats to my um t-28 i need idea's. skarface Micro Ready-to-Fly 5 Oct 01, 2011 02:26 AM