E-flite AT-6 1.5m BNF Basic - Page 4 - RC Groups
Nov 10, 2017, 09:39 AM
Horizon Hobby Development
There are a lot of changes that can make the tip stall go away. I think this one will change the way you think about the way the Texan flies.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 10, 2017, 09:43 AM
Is it a AT-6, T-6, SNJ , Harvard or a LT-6 Mosiquito
Last edited by Mikey 68; Nov 10, 2017 at 10:47 AM.
Nov 10, 2017, 10:40 AM
Right Rudder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Eichstedt
While I was still at Horizon, we talked about doing an AT-6. If I recall, and my memory's getting fuzzy at this point, we had placed it into the product plan. We debated a couple of points about it. First, would the market accept it, and second, could we tame it down? Regarding the first point, our thinking at the time I believe came down to deciding it was time for something a little different and the AT-6 was as good a choice as others. Regarding the second point, we felt it could be done with low wing loading, washout, and the proper airfoil. If we got the latter part right, it would make for a unique T-6 and it would help drive the former.

I have had the experience and opportunities to GLUE countless AT-6 models of different makers both Balsa and Foam.

Your post hits it on the NAIL and if all is reasonable and doesn't stall like those that I have witnessed at my RC Club then, I can assure you this model will SELL like Hot Cakes!

Even the small World Models AT-6 has a nasty tendency to stall if you dare to pull UP even with the slightest back pressure and boom! I am good repairing all sorts of models so, I know about the AT-6 models of all sorts and I can totally agree on your points that I have highlighted.
Nov 10, 2017, 01:02 PM
Warbird & Jet Lover
Another thing that would help the tip stall a LOT would be increased tip chord. It looks to me like they probably did that, too. It does't take a lot to make a difference, in this case maybe 1/4" to 3/8". Not enough that most people would notice so you keep the overall scale appearance, but enough to make it a gentle, reliable flyer.
Nov 10, 2017, 01:54 PM
Your Pilot Ryan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey 68
Mines going to be a Harvard.
Nov 10, 2017, 02:14 PM
Slow is the go!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey 68
Hey you forgot Texan?
Nov 10, 2017, 03:28 PM
This plane is A mosquito
Nov 10, 2017, 04:06 PM
Registurd User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Puckett
There are a lot of changes that can make the tip stall go away. I think this one will change the way you think about the way the Texan flies.
That's a bit of reassurement!
Nov 10, 2017, 09:16 PM
Fly and let Fly!
Up to this post everyone seems spot on and established.. Should make for a great subject.. I'll comment like everyone too.. My 3s HobbyKing (Artech) 1300mm flight envelope is fantastic.! No stalling, slow flight is outstanding and scale overall is great.!! This one ought to be as well.. However.. I feel (even though scale) 3s is possibly going to be a bit light, I put 4s in my 1300 and flys in the way it gives my confidence if the day happens to be windy, I think it was Mikey that mentioned he won't fly full throttle all the time (on 4s) but having it for necessity is a good thing.. (something along those lines) ..
Nov 10, 2017, 10:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocg
Up to this post everyone seems spot on and established.. Should make for a great subject.. I'll comment like everyone too.. My 3s HobbyKing (Artech) 1300mm flight envelope is fantastic.! No stalling, slow flight is outstanding and scale overall is great.!! This one ought to be as well.. However.. I feel (even though scale) 3s is possibly going to be a bit light, I put 4s in my 1300 and flys in the way it gives my confidence if the day happens to be windy, I think it was Mikey that mentioned he won't fly full throttle all the time (on 4s) but having it for necessity is a good thing.. (something along those lines) ..
Well I loved the way my Art tech T-6 flew , The live video they had to day there saying the plane is the same size as the other 1200mm planes just is the T-6 had a really long wing so thats why its 1500mm. So anytime we hear the WS of the plane doesnt mean thats the size of the whole plane Like the FMS P-47 has a 1500mm wing but the airplane is much bigger and that is way it uses 6s .
Nov 10, 2017, 11:23 PM
Your Pilot Ryan
I'm all over this one.

I wonder if suspension struts will be available as an upgrade.

I'd buy a light package as well if it were offered.

When is this available?
Nov 11, 2017, 09:08 AM
Lower AL
Flying buddy has the FMS At-6 which will flip over in a stall if you just think about it. He flys it very well and it looks nice in the air. Darn looks like another plane to squeeze in somewhere.
Nice job of making it look great and a little more forgiving in the air.
Jeff....
Nov 11, 2017, 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeMeDo
Flying buddy has the FMS At-6 which will flip over in a stall if you just think about it. He flys it very well and it looks nice in the air. Darn looks like another plane to squeeze in somewhere.
Nice job of making it look great and a little more forgiving in the air.
Jeff....
FMS doesn't make a T-6
Nov 11, 2017, 11:41 AM
WW5
WW5
crash and burn
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryramZ
I'm all over this one.

I wonder if suspension struts will be available as an upgrade.

I'd buy a light package as well if it were offered.

When is this available?
It will be available the first quarter of December.
Nov 11, 2017, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WW5
It will be available the first quarter of December.
Or maybe the half dollar of Dec