E-flite AT-6 1.5m BNF Basic - Page 3 - RC Groups
Nov 09, 2017, 11:53 PM
352nd FG Association
Some more pics of the restored one from online.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 10, 2017, 12:03 AM
They call me Lipo.....
Great job Chris !!!

You KNOW I'll be adding one to my hangar !!!
Latest blog entry: E-flite UMX Timber!
Nov 10, 2017, 12:49 AM
I'll have one, only it will be a Harvard not a Texan Good job Chris.
Nov 10, 2017, 01:25 AM
Its not really a T-6 but a LT-6D Mosquito

Originally a North American SNJ-4 Texan/Harvard trainer, a 6-year restoration has been completed as an LT-6D which was used in Korea as a forward air controller and called a Mosquito. Owned & operated by the Commemerative Air Force Dixie Wing.
Also look whats mounted on the bottom of the wings
Last edited by Mikey 68; Nov 10, 2017 at 01:36 AM.
Nov 10, 2017, 01:32 AM
Slow is the go!
I'm with you caferacer, Harvard for me as well, here's an old pic of a RNZAF Harvard
which they operated until 1977, this one that came by my local strip in 1979.

Last edited by Peter Phillipps; Nov 10, 2017 at 01:37 AM.
Nov 10, 2017, 02:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Phillipps
I'm with you caferacer, Harvard for me as well, here's an old pic of a RNZAF Harvard
which they operated until 1977, this one that came by my local strip in 1979.

Great picture, thanks. As a kid in Canada during the war every Harvard I can remember seeing was yellow, it seems to me the sky was full of them, what a sound. I used to fly before I lost my license due to medical reasons, one day on my lunch hour from work I was strolling around a small country airfield and came across a Harvard parked in a hangar, the owner was sitting there and we started chatting, he asked me if I would like to go up and of course I said yes. It was a handful but I got it up and flew around for probably 15 minutes from the front seat before he took the controls and brought it down. It was the highlight of my rather mundane flying career.
Nov 10, 2017, 02:15 AM
DFS#000178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugo Flynow
I had an 800mm Texan....it was one of the few planes I have that was just possessed. It would violently snap roll out of nowhere. Plane spooked me so much I gutted it and retired it. Then researched the AT6 and learned they made it a very difficult plane to fly so once the pilots graduated to the P51, it would seem easy to fly. Seems the 1:1 plane was also prone to snap stalls and was very unforgiving...especially for a trainer.

I wonder what tweaks HH did to this plane to make it a docile flier, or if it has any bad habits like the 1:1 plane had. I am betting they did something to make it fly well. It sure looks good.
Probably washout and keeping the wing loading down. Which is probably why they kept a 3S power system in it. To keep the weight down to keep it floaty at low speeds. It's probably got a bit of washout to keep it from snapping if it does slow down too much.
Nov 10, 2017, 03:05 AM
Looks good and seems to be priced right for a 1500MM scale foamie. Good job Horizon!

Mickydee
Nov 10, 2017, 03:49 AM
D'oro Leone
Where's a Hellcat? Airacobra? Something unique?
Nov 10, 2017, 06:42 AM
Ldm
Ldm
The last time that EFlight came out with an At6 , I converted it to a Dauntless , this one appears to be a much easier conversion for those that have that twitch !
Its looks like a nice plane in stock , I would have to check my 3 cell packs , I just dont like buying packs for one plane.
Nov 10, 2017, 07:34 AM
Right Rudder
Super news! Going to pre-order!
Nov 10, 2017, 07:43 AM
Right Rudder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampage
I think this is going to demand an upgrade to 4S power. I just don't see you getting warbird-esque performance out of a plane this big on 3S.

Meanwhile, the FMS P-47 that's the same size is running out of the box on 6S...
Hey,

At least HH doesn't install 4 large Solid Steel Roller Bearings in the FUSE like the Avios Riff Raff 99 !!!!

have no idea why makers of these so called fast foamies do this and it then, requires 6-Cells to fly because of all the weight!

Not saying that the FMS P-47 is the same condition but, JUST SAYING!

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...h-wing-span%29

Last edited by PittSpecial; Nov 10, 2017 at 08:06 AM.
Nov 10, 2017, 07:51 AM
I'm very excited to see this new AT-6 from eflite, I'm going to preorder today. I know it will be easier to fly than my art tec AT-6 Texan which handles my grass runway with ease!
Nov 10, 2017, 08:54 AM
Registurd User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampage
Probably washout and keeping the wing loading down. Which is probably why they kept a 3S power system in it. To keep the weight down to keep it floaty at low speeds. It's probably got a bit of washout to keep it from snapping if it does slow down too much.
That sounds reasonable and promising.

Plus those worried about power forget this plane has a much more efficient 2 blade prop. Most HH warbirds have 4 blades, and people always increasing power by switching to a 2 blade.
Nov 10, 2017, 09:37 AM
Warbird & Jet Lover
While I was still at Horizon, we talked about doing an AT-6. If I recall, and my memory's getting fuzzy at this point, we had placed it into the product plan. We debated a couple of points about it. First, would the market accept it, and second, could we tame it down? Regarding the first point, our thinking at the time I believe came down to deciding it was time for something a little different and the AT-6 was as good a choice as others. Regarding the second point, we felt it could be done with low wing loading, washout, and the proper airfoil. If we got the latter part right, it would make for a unique T-6 and it would help drive the former.