Nov 09, 2017, 05:34 PM
Horizon Hobby Development
Builda,

We have a PNP version with no receiver.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 09, 2017, 05:40 PM
Horizon Hobby Development
MIkey 68,

The problem with the AT-6 is how the gear fits into the wing. We have different geometry in the retract than the full scale. I can tell you that the gear is actually a bit taller than scale as I widened the center section to give a wider track. This made the leg taller to still hit the wheel fairing. The picture that you have shown is with the aircraft already light on the gear during a take off roll. This can be identified by how the gear door is relative to the wheel. Here is a good picture showing the leg fully compressed while sitting on the ramp. With no strut to compress or lengthen we have to find a happy middle ground.

Chris
Nov 09, 2017, 05:42 PM
Since very few are praising them, Good Job Horizon!
This is something that was long overdue.
Nov 09, 2017, 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Puckett
Builda,

We have a PNP version with no receiver.
Cool, MAYBE I will look at adding one to the hangar at some point-nice to know I can get one minus the Rx. Two thumbs up HH (which is rare from me-praising HH), who cares if it’s not 0.001” scale perfection, it’s a Darn foamie-you want scale perfection get some plans and go scratch build a balsa one-that’s what TRUE scale fanatics do, not complain that the latest foamie isn’t “scale”. That kinda thing is creeping into the foamie market far too much if you ask me-FMS prices have doubled in recent years, largely cause of the Scale Nazi’s in the USA Crying over “the trailing link is the wrong side” or something trivial like that....unfortunately the US market is the single largest RC flying market, so companies like FMS have to appease these Nazi’s to survive.......which unfortunately looses them customers elsewhere because “scale detail comes at a price”.
Nov 09, 2017, 06:01 PM
I drive planes
Ugh. Guys come on, I am running out of room to store all of this stuff. I just got my Stearman flying and now this? We finally have a GOOD foam Stearman and what looks like a GOOD foam T6. Now I have to pick a paint scheme to do! Although it is cool that you already have it in CAF colors. Looking forward to flying this one! (on 4S I am thinking)
Nov 09, 2017, 06:09 PM
Quote:
MIkey 68,

The problem with the AT-6 is how the gear fits into the wing. We have different geometry in the retract than the full scale. I can tell you that the gear is actually a bit taller than scale as I widened the center section to give a wider track. This made the leg taller to still hit the wheel fairing. The picture that you have shown is with the aircraft already light on the gear during a take off roll. This can be identified by how the gear door is relative to the wheel. Here is a good picture showing the leg fully compressed while sitting on the ramp. With no strut to compress or lengthen we have to find a happy middle ground.

Chris
Ok thnaks , I still like it. Not many T-6s out there that are foam and look this good
Nov 09, 2017, 07:23 PM
This one looks ok. I have so many planes and so little space. I am excited at the prospect of more balsa planes might be coming.
Nov 09, 2017, 07:31 PM
Blue Skies
Quote:
MIkey 68,

Chris
Chris, we do NOT have a problem with the AT-6. This is the middle ground. Be happy!
Don
Nov 09, 2017, 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by builda
Cool, MAYBE I will look at adding one to the hangar at some point-nice to know I can get one minus the Rx. Two thumbs up HH (which is rare from me-praising HH), who cares if it’s not 0.001” scale perfection, it’s a Darn foamie-you want scale perfection get some plans and go scratch build a balsa one-that’s what TRUE scale fanatics do, not complain that the latest foamie isn’t “scale”. That kinda thing is creeping into the foamie market far too much if you ask me-FMS prices have doubled in recent years, largely cause of the Scale Nazi’s in the USA Crying over “the trailing link is the wrong side” or something trivial like that....unfortunately the US market is the single largest RC flying market, so companies like FMS have to appease these Nazi’s to survive.......which unfortunately looses them customers elsewhere because “scale detail comes at a price”.
Stop putting all Americans in that group. I like it. I'll probably wait till after feedback from the first batch before I buy.
Nov 09, 2017, 08:35 PM
WW5
WW5
crash and burn
The minute I saw this plane I clicked the link and took about a minute looking at the specifications and just sad "Take my money!"
Nov 09, 2017, 09:55 PM
Sagitta Fanboy
Guys, an AT-6 is a 200mph advanced trainer, not a 400+mph fighter.

The video shows better than scale power already, these are not super fast airplanes. No need for 4S on this ship.
Nov 09, 2017, 11:08 PM
Registurd User
I had an 800mm Texan....it was one of the few planes I have that was just possessed. It would violently snap roll out of nowhere. Plane spooked me so much I gutted it and retired it. Then researched the AT6 and learned they made it a very difficult plane to fly so once the pilots graduated to the P51, it would seem easy to fly. Seems the 1:1 plane was also prone to snap stalls and was very unforgiving...especially for a trainer.

I wonder what tweaks HH did to this plane to make it a docile flier, or if it has any bad habits like the 1:1 plane had. I am betting they did something to make it fly well. It sure looks good.
Nov 09, 2017, 11:19 PM
The AT in AT-6 six stands for Advanced Trainer so it should be harder to flying than a Primary Trainer (PT class of planes).
Nov 09, 2017, 11:21 PM
Registurd User
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkalwishky
The AT in AT-6 six stands for Advanced Trainer so it should be harder to flying than a Primary Trainer (PT class of planes).
Good point....just makes me wonder how much of those characteristics transferred to this plane?
Nov 09, 2017, 11:24 PM
Dirk
This plane looks good. I'm sure l'll sneak it past SWMBO into my Hanger sooner or later!