Feb 10, 2021, 06:18 PM
ICM
ICM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBRAUTHI
A word to describe the maiden yesterday .......GREASED
Good for you. I can't think of a better intro to warbirds than the AT-6. Significantly, its just as good as you progress.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 10, 2021, 08:32 PM
Right Rudder
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICM
Good for you. I can't think of a better intro to warbirds than the AT-6. Significantly, its just as good as you progress.
Yes I can agree but, this specific AT-6 Texan from E-Flite (HH).

All others have the insanely bad habit to Tip Stall in a heart beat.
Feb 11, 2021, 12:28 AM
Thanks ICM.
Last edited by HBRAUTHI; Jan 09, 2023 at 11:21 AM.
Feb 11, 2021, 11:18 AM
ICM
ICM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PittSpecial
Yes I can agree but, this specific AT-6 Texan from E-Flite (HH).

All others have the insanely bad habit to Tip Stall in a heart beat.
Yeah, I should have specified "E-Flite" AT-6. Designed with some washout at wing tips so tip stall becomes pretty much a non-issue.
Feb 27, 2021, 09:38 PM

Replacement cowl

Hey guys;

Anyone know where to get a replacement cowl for the at6? They’ve been “back ordered” everywhere I can find since November. I’m starting to think, being that the at6 I’s discontinued, that they might never get filled. Alternatively, if you know of a cowl from another model that might fit, I’d appreciate the info.

Thanks!
Joe
Feb 28, 2021, 10:30 AM
You might try searching eBay. I found a Dallas Doll fuselage, “back ordered “ on HH, on eBay being sold by HH. That was a number of years ago, but it might work.
Feb 28, 2021, 11:29 AM
Appreciate the suggestion Blulls!
Yep I’ve been scouring the net and so far zip. I may have to just find something that will fit and I can paint.
Feb 28, 2021, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joet10012
Hey guys;

Anyone know where to get a replacement cowl for the at6? They’ve been “back ordered” everywhere I can find since November. I’m starting to think, being that the at6 I’s discontinued, that they might never get filled. Alternatively, if you know of a cowl from another model that might fit, I’d appreciate the info.

Thanks!
Joe
Joe,

PM me...
Mar 02, 2021, 01:47 AM
Flew 5 packs today. She’s such a beaut in the air. Landing is a whole different story. Hit and miss! The learning curve on this one is steep! Ready for the challenge this gal tees up. Onward and upward!
Mar 02, 2021, 08:13 AM
Right Rudder
Let me know if anyone is interested in a lightly used one.
Mar 02, 2021, 05:00 PM
ICM
ICM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBRAUTHI
Flew 5 packs today. She’s such a beaut in the air. Landing is a whole different story. Hit and miss! The learning curve on this one is steep! Ready for the challenge this gal tees up. Onward and upward!
Congrats! Landing without bunny hops takes some practice. A 3 point landing almost always results in hops. It took me awhile to learn to land on the mains with some power and then slightly reduce until the tail settles.
Mar 02, 2021, 08:27 PM
Flew many packs today weather is sick in SOCAL...not rubbing it in! Such a graceful flyer even when the wind kicked up. Landings are getting there. Great challenge and so fun.
Apr 02, 2021, 01:03 AM
Can’t stop flying her. The most difficult in my growing fleet. 1st one into the car. Call me a masochist but the challenge keeps me in. I must have 80 flights on her and the rush I get every time
Apr 10, 2021, 10:37 PM

Masochist

Anyone else out here enjoy her frustration and fickle nature. Such grace and presence. Most any of her parts cannot be replaced from the factory which is a fun plus. My fav and will continue to be ....packed with the others regardless of claws. Late to this thread but I can’t be the only one. Easy is boring
Last edited by HBRAUTHI; Jul 31, 2022 at 11:54 AM.
May 21, 2021, 07:23 PM
Enjoy flying gliders at Torrey

Motor grinding, screeching

Gents,

I purchased a used AT-6 Texan from HH (E-flite). The blue and silver one y’all are discussing here. I need to replace the motor. I’d rather not replace the ESC also. I live in Denver at 5,500 ft plus. What motor suggestions do you have? Any help in this area would be greatly appreciated.

The stock motor is a 15BL 950Kv. Can I go just la little bit more power and not burn up the ESC..? Will it also run on 4S..?

Well,,,,, I went back about 20 pages or so and found some great information. Some folks are using the PZ T-28 motor..?
Upgrading to a 3 blade 10x7x3 Master Airscrew prop..? Do I have this correct? Looks like the ESC will have to be changed out if I want to run 4S on her. Being in Denver, having a little more power is good.

Thank you for your help.

Paul
Last edited by 3 Green; May 21, 2021 at 09:21 PM.

Quick Reply