E-flite AT-6 1.5m BNF Basic - RC Groups

E-flite AT-6 1.5m BNF Basic

Say hello to Heavy Metal Honey, the latest warbird from E-flite. This 57" wingspan AT-6 comes with a slew of great features, and is priced competitively under $270.

AT-6 1.5m BNF Basic

E-flite Offers Up a Classic Military Trainer

With functional flaps, electric retracts, and power-on-demand for scale aerobatics, the all new AT-6 1.5m BNF Basic from E-flite is sure to be a welcome addition to their expanding foam fleet... and yours! The AT-6 1.5m BNF Basic features a 57" wingspan and 39.5" overall length, a 60-62 oz flying weight, and a wing area of 500 square inches. It comes complete with an E-flite 15 BL 950KV motor, a 40-amp Lite-Pro esc, and five Spektrum A330 Micro, 9 Gram Servos with hands-free servo connections in the wing and fuselage. It retails for $269.99 and is scheduled for delivery in early December.

Here's what E-flite says about their new warbird, the AT-6: Your enjoyment of the E-flite AT-6 1.5m starts right out of the box with an airframe beautifully finished in durable EPO foam. The structure of the lightweight components features composite reinforcement throughout to provide an outstanding blend of strength and flight performance. The one-piece wing harnesses the ailerons, sturdy electric retracts and the distinctive three-panel split-flaps without a web of wires. Instead, all servo leads are concealed into a hands-free connection system that makes aircraft assembly ultra-simple. Behind the radial engine and exhaust detail is a powerful brushless motor system that only requires a 3S LiPo battery. Plus, thereís ample room for a high-capacity pack under the pilot appointed magnetic canopy hatch so you can enjoy longer flight times. In the air, light wing loading and an abundant amount of thrust combine to deliver a warbird experience thatís as easy to handle as it is fun to fly. Whether itís your first scale model or a special addition to your collection, this AT-6 is sure to be the easy-flying heavy-metal replica youíve always wanted.

CLICK HERE for more info on the new E-flite AT-6 1.5m BNF Basic

E-flite AT-6 1.5m BNF Basic and PNP (3 min 3 sec)

Last edited by Matt Gunn; Nov 09, 2017 at 02:19 PM..
Nov 09, 2017, 02:43 PM
DFS#000178
I think this is going to demand an upgrade to 4S power. I just don't see you getting warbird-esque performance out of a plane this big on 3S.

Meanwhile, the FMS P-47 that's the same size is running out of the box on 6S...
Nov 09, 2017, 03:01 PM
since when have e flight supplied retracts as standard and not an option?? to be fair I have been waiting for spares for my timber and another h9 aircraft for months here in the uk.... until this is sorted I for one will be unfortunately be refraining from any more horizon products. customer service on par with hobby king!!!!!!
Nov 09, 2017, 03:16 PM
DFS#000178
EFlite's been providing retracts as standard for a while now. The green P-47D, the Dallas Doll, the entire 1200mm series have all included retracts.
Nov 09, 2017, 03:20 PM
Sucker for biplanes
I was told there would be some .60/20cc size warbirds coming out from Horizon. Still nothing and more foam. This would be a awesome 20-30cc warbird in balsa. Guess there just more interest in foam these days. Looks like a nice T6 though!
Latest blog entry: Hobbyzone sport cub
Nov 09, 2017, 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMHIGHFLYER
I was told there would be some .60/20cc size warbirds coming out from Horizon. Still nothing and more foam. This would be a awesome 20-30cc warbird in balsa. Guess there just more interest in foam these days. Looks like a nice T6 though!
I have taken up building again... what with laser cutting and CAD. foam has its place but its had its day in my workshop.
Nov 09, 2017, 03:41 PM
DFS#000178
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMHIGHFLYER
Over in the Warbird thread they hinted at more balsa coming, and an axis plane to boot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncflyer79
Whatever they are releasing i bet its not 2 things...1: its a balsa .60 size bird and 2: its an axis plane....of course id love to be proven wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason M
You will be (in a good way of course!), just not tomorrow though
Nov 09, 2017, 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampage
I think this is going to demand an upgrade to 4S power. I just don't see you getting warbird-esque performance out of a plane this big on 3S.

3s on a 1500mm. That's way to small . The 1200mm was barely enough
Nov 09, 2017, 04:36 PM
RCGroups Editor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampage

I don't think that will be the case... this aircraft has a flying weight of only 1700 grams. The same wingpan FMS Jug is double that weight.
Nov 09, 2017, 05:01 PM
Damn that dog can fly.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Brand
since when have e flight supplied retracts as standard and not an option?? to be fair I have been waiting for spares for my timber and another h9 aircraft for months here in the uk.... until this is sorted I for one will be unfortunately be refraining from any more horizon products. customer service on par with hobby king!!!!!!
That's doing HobbyKing a disservice. HK's service in the UK is now 'quite' good, whereas HH service has gone down the pan rapidly.
Strange, but true.
Nov 09, 2017, 05:10 PM
Blue Skies
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Gunn
I don't think that will be the case... this aircraft has a flying weight of only 1700 grams. The same wingpan FMS Jug is double that weight.
My E-flite 1.2M Spitfire runs OK on 3S. I upped the ESC to a 60A and it really purrs with that and a 4S LiPo. It weighs 1515g. The FltLineRC Spit weighs 1550g and runs on 4S 3600-4000mAh batts. I don't have it but once you hit 1500g, I think a 4S is in order. I fly my E-flite on 3S and it's scale flying. But if I want to make it more exciting, I drop a 4S 2200mAh in there and it moves out!

The Texan on 3S is about right, if you want to fly like a student pilot. After all, it is a trainer.
Don
Nov 09, 2017, 05:11 PM
The insigina color is wrong as well but can be easily fixed and I like the fact that its mostly all silver so you can repaint anyway you can. I think the gear is to short or they just have the gear raked to much
Nov 09, 2017, 05:24 PM
It's only money & foam...
Iím digginí this AT-6. Very nice for the $$. But Iíd have to go 4S outta the box.
Nov 09, 2017, 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P40flyer
Iím digginí this AT-6. Very nice for the $$. But Iíd have to go 4S outta the box.
Me too , and in the video they looked slow and be nice if we could hear them instead of hiding behind music . Its always nice to have power to where you can thottle back to like 1/2 or 3/4 power and it still flies nice. I dont like having to fly full power all the time
Nov 09, 2017, 05:28 PM
I seldom praise HH on anything as I’m far from their biggest fan, BUT I have to admit, the foamie market has been crying out for a DECENT AT-6 with ALL the split flaps for ages, so well done there, I think in all fairness it looks pretty well priced too!!

Now sell me one without one of your Rx in it and I will be super happy!