PSS Forum! - Page 2 - RC Groups
Nov 09, 2017, 09:00 PM
Just Toss It !!!
Are you from Catalonia per chance?
to remove ads between posts
Nov 09, 2017, 09:05 PM
less is more
Central California. I fly at Marina State Beach.
Nov 09, 2017, 09:10 PM
Faster is Better
I get the concept of a PSS only thread but I would prefer it stays in the slope section.

It's one stop shop for all things slope.

My concern as others have stated, is that PSS would be overlooked by casual viewers.
Nov 09, 2017, 09:14 PM
Faster is Better
I have an interest/curiosity with DS but I seldom go to separate DS forum.
Nov 09, 2017, 09:35 PM
less is more
Clicking on a forum is hardly a hardship. You must have a very limited interest/curiosity in DS. Aren't you glad that those DS'ers are not grouped into your Slope forum, clogging up it up with DS threads?

Imagine if all of the Sailplane forums were grouped into one giant forum. There would be a lot of volume, a lot of activity, but you couldn't find the "good stuff".

Years ago there was a privately run German forum called IG Horten..................for Horten wings. In order to join, you had to "introduce" yourself on a special thread dedicated to introductions AND post at least one comment in the forum. Otherwise you were out. It was a very low bar to jump over but really cleared out the "random kooks from the internet". Also, go ahead and say that I'm imagining things, it made for a higher level of discourse.

Who knows how a PSS forum would develop. Was it Steve that once posted an article about the many many different types of slope pilots.
Nov 09, 2017, 09:52 PM
Building with TLAR precision
Quote:
Originally Posted by screamin' eagle
I don't own or fly PSS stuff anymore, but I love watching the build threads and seeing pics of the cool new designs. If there was a separate PSS forum, I'd probably never check it.
Me either. KISS and leave it as-is.

Just my 2 cents.

-= Dave
Nov 09, 2017, 09:55 PM
Building with TLAR precision
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slopemaster
Front-side slope is to DS as helis are to quads. Separate makes sense to me somehow for DS.

-= Dave
Nov 09, 2017, 10:06 PM
Faster is Better
All good points. Heck you could have a separate Dreamflight section, that would cut the slope forum in half.

I'm starting to feel like an outsider cause I don't own an Ahi.
Nov 09, 2017, 10:12 PM
I'm a PSS'r--- but I don't know ANY PSS'r that does NOT have other SLOPERS!! It's a part of the SLOPE Forum for sure. I don't think there's any need for separation--why can't we all just get along?
Nov 09, 2017, 10:13 PM
And Repairs
My vote is to keep it as is. Doesn’t seem like the forum moves so quickly that new threads are lost.
Thanks for reminding me to check out the cool cats in the DS forum. I forget. Just like I’d forget to check a PSS forum.

But thank you for the idea and trying to improve RCG.
Nov 09, 2017, 10:14 PM
IT'S NOSE HEAVY!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slopemaster
I sometimes thermal while sloping, yet less-frequently join in with thermal specific conversations.
The ONLY reason i peruse the thermal section, besides nostalgia from the '80's, is that it's slow enough to keep up with my old brain...which is WAY TOO slow to peruse the DS section...

The whole (new and desirable) 2m hi-start-RES camp, attempting to align with European thinking, didn't get IT'S own forum. So it is doubtful that an EVEN-SMALLER sub-set of sloping soarers (with a skewed angle of "scale") could get a whole-new-forum for themselves.

Good thing I'm not in charge here!
Nov 09, 2017, 10:42 PM
Power SLOPE Scale = PSS
Peace out!
Nov 09, 2017, 11:03 PM
i rarely look at other sub forums. dynamic soaring is lost to me, I sometimes wander to the dlg section and get lost in a whirlpool of carbon fiber dlgs that look the same. some of them are red though, and therefore better at racing. pss while naturally cool, requires a lot of skills that are useful to every genre of the hobby, especially shaping. The best build threads by far are for pss planes. They basically make the slope forum - they spawned legends, memes, they are the strands of fiberglass holding this forum together for decades. They are responsible for teaching thousands of individuals come and gone, the art of building an airplane - one would become familiar with various promotional posters on dutchy's wall, beer and all, and amazed at the skill (or lack of) and perseverance of other scratch builders. Blood was spilled, tips of fingers lost, friends were made, advice was given, and beer consumed.

One has to wonder what makes a sloper. I would vote to bring ds back if I could.
Nov 09, 2017, 11:09 PM
It's time for me to fly
I like the whole slope buffet to be on the same table.

(all you can eat, for one low price!)
Nov 09, 2017, 11:10 PM
It's time for me to fly
Quote:
Originally Posted by MATIN
Are you from Catalonia per chance?
woosh!