Small foam rc plane! - Page 2 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Nov 11, 2017, 03:24 PM
It was a blast kickin' up wet grass and leaving tracks in the morning dew.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 12, 2017, 11:30 AM
Potato003
@cbalgra the pictures you sent of that church are really from a church? I cant believe you have such amazing churchs in US! That looks much more like a stage where Apple presents their new products! Very beautiful church in the pics. The pics from your planes are so funny, good taste!
Nov 12, 2017, 12:10 PM
IMO ( In My Opinion ) →
Quote:
Originally Posted by batata003
@cbalgra the pictures you sent of that church are really from a church? I cant believe you have such amazing churchs in US! That looks much more like a stage where Apple presents their new products! Very beautiful church in the pics. The pics from your planes are so funny, good taste!
This church ↓ ( Crystal Cathedral ) is not far from where cbalgra lives .
Nov 12, 2017, 02:32 PM
Gil,

Our church is truly blessed to have out grown its' old campus, and built our new campus five years ago. It is a beautiful facility, and is really reaching out filling the needs and the hearts of our community.

Al,

Pretty ironic that you posted pics of the Crystal Cathedral, because I graduated from a christian high school, and that is where we held our graduation ceremony!
The church was recently (2012) purchased by the the Roman Catholic Diocese of Orange, Ca.

Brad
Nov 12, 2017, 03:09 PM
IMO ( In My Opinion ) →
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbalgra
The church was recently (2012) purchased by the the Roman Catholic Diocese of Orange, Ca.

Brad
I did not know that !

My wife , five kids and I went to a service at the Crystal Cathedral one time ( about 20 ? years ago ) , when we were there in the area for a trip to Disneyland .
Nov 12, 2017, 07:32 PM
Nice. Just a hop, skip, and a jump away!
Nov 13, 2017, 07:36 PM
Potato003
With a church like that I would surely go every sunday 9am to pray! Here in brazil if I go to a church that early I may end up shot, robbed or kidnapped. Blessed guys you are for having such a beautiful church close to your homes!
Nov 13, 2017, 08:51 PM
Potato003
I forgot to say that in the 3 last days I flied every single day! I am loving this hobby! There was a nice weather in my city and I took lots of time to practice! During that I asked myself: what about if I add a "rabiola" (dont know the name in english) like the ones in kites to my plane? It makes the kite much more stable so it should help with the plane! Video below. You can also see in the video that I am practicing a lot taking off

So I added a red stripe at the tail of my ezfly and it flied better! It was not a huge improvement but it was a much more controled flight, I could even take one of my hands from the radio! I was so excited that I later added more rabiola, a green one! In the video below you can see the red and the green rabiola added later! I could even make some flips at the end of the video thanks to the rabiola, without it the flip was not "round".

Now I got a sunglass to fly better at the sun, it's not a beautiful one but it helps! I also remembered a good place near where I was flying! It's a heliport, I dont know if I can fly there but as you can see in the video it's good cause if I make something wrong I will not fall in the water!

Do you think I should add a rabiola to the small foam plane that I am building to help stabilize since small planes look harder to control?

Video below!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/0Rml4xg28GpjWX4z1

\o/ \o/ \o/
Nov 13, 2017, 09:15 PM
IMO ( In My Opinion ) →
WOW Gil , your flying has improved GREATLY ! It looks like your plane is properly balanced and trimmed , and you are no longer OVER-CONTROLLING ..... VERY smooth flying !!!!
Nov 13, 2017, 09:45 PM
Nice flying Gil. looks like a beautiful, beach front flying field. Keep it up!
Nov 13, 2017, 11:10 PM
Sokol
now you could try to learn sloping at the beach !

Arthobby Termik at the beach (2 min 12 sec)

Flitetest Versa Wing RC Slope Soaring Glider - Part Deux (3 min 16 sec)
Nov 14, 2017, 12:52 AM
IMO ( In My Opinion ) →
My favorite beach sloper ..... 3D style !

Hardcore Ultrabatics / VTPR with Le Fish (4 min 32 sec)
Nov 16, 2017, 08:21 AM
Potato003
Woww you guys are always full of surprises!! I liked that beach slop idea! Your videos were great, really great. I can clearly see you are very expert hobbists, the maneuvers you make are incredible! I loved the videos!

I liked even more your ideas cause a while ago I was thinking about making a plane like a kite so I could play with it in the wind! But your idea is much better! I just dont know how you are not being dragged back with the wind, how you can hold your position and climb at the same time without motor??? That's magic!

I will research about this beach sloping so I can fly even in windy days!

@balsa or carbon @cbalgra I am practicing a lot, thanks for you words! I am trying to get as smooth as possible avoiding overcontrolling!
Last edited by batata003; Nov 16, 2017 at 09:03 AM.
Nov 16, 2017, 12:21 PM
IMO ( In My Opinion ) →
Quote:
Originally Posted by batata003
Woww you guys are always full of surprises!! I liked that beach slop idea! Your videos were great, really great. I can clearly see you are very expert hobbists, the maneuvers you make are incredible! I loved the videos!

I liked even more your ideas cause a while ago I was thinking about making a plane like a kite so I could play with it in the wind! But your idea is much better! I just dont know how you are not being dragged back with the wind, how you can hold your position and climb at the same time without motor??? That's magic!

I will research about this beach sloping so I can fly even in windy days!

@balsa or carbon @cbalgra I am practicing a lot, thanks for you words! I am trying to get as smooth as possible avoiding overcontrolling!
If you can find a place where the wind is diverted upward by a hill , slope , mountain , dam , cliff , etc. ( ridge lift ) you can stay in the air without a motor/prop for as long your transmitter battery and receiver battery will last .

Here is another video of the same plane ( Le Fish ) flying in high winds diverted upward by a mountain :

Acrobatic flying with Le Fish, NE Bowl of Mt Elden, AZ (3 min 42 sec)

Neither video is mine : the beach video is by surfimp , and the mountain video is by Dawson Henderson .
Nov 18, 2017, 08:18 PM
Potato003
@balsa or carbon now I got it! The wind has to be diverted up so it pushes the plane up. I thought I could fly like that in anywhere that is very windy... So the wind has to go up, I dont think I can find a place nearby The video you posted sometimes looks like it is fast forward of so fast the plane moves, incredible skills! And the guys fly inverted like if it was piece of cake! I get very inspired by this videos, thanks for sharing!

Quick Reply