This thread is privately moderated by PeterVRC, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Nov 09, 2017, 08:42 AM
Thread OP
Build Log

Hawker Hunter - FlyFly 90mm EDF, 1112mm Span

I 'half forgot' that I also have the FlyFly 90mm Hawker Hunter to build up. I got it many months ago but just stored it away.
This jet I will build for 6S and as a bungee launcher.
I am changing the bungee launch FlyFly Mirage to a HSD 6S EDF setup taken from the HSD 6S Viperjet PNF and I will use the same EDF combo for the Hawker Hunter - just unbolt and easily move it from jet to jet. Not the ESC... just the 6S EDF.

I have the "Swiss Green" scheme, which looks quite nice - and will 'pop' a lot more when coated in WBPU.
1112mm Wingspan, but 1507mm long. As per most modern jets are longer than their Wingspan.

I am considering adding Landing Gear, just to use for landings. Though it will mean it could be flown off a hard runway also. I like the look of the LG RadarGuy used on his Swiss 30 Jahre (anniversary) version in the pics below!
I don't 'mind' seeing a jet take off from a bungee dolly, even though it is nowhere near as good as a ROG take-off, but it at least still takes the path that it would on LG anyway. But I don't like landing on the underside (when no LG) and wearing that out.
I still have some more things to think about the Hunter before I start it anyway.....
For one thing, I am considering adding flaps - split as per full scale. Which is another reason that LG would then be very useful too.

Last edited by PeterVRC; Nov 09, 2017 at 08:50 AM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply