E-flite AT-6 1.5m - Page 3 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Nov 09, 2017, 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Hunt
geeze, couldn't they put two 12 year old pilots sitting on phone books in the cockpit at least?

does look nice though, nice departure from the usual yellow!
My brother actually had one and I got to fly it several times was a blast. I am 6'4" and I sat on a phone book to fly this thing. It had original seats and they were made for pilot to sit on a parachute. These planes gave the best buzz jobs ever when you flatten out the prop and give her the gas would roll your victim right out of bed.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 09, 2017, 05:11 PM
Horizon Hobby Development
Jim,

There have been some program changes since the P-47 that allow the pitch with throttle to be more smooth. Also that only happen in SAFE mode. You can always fly it not in safe to take the pitch with throttle out all together.
Nov 09, 2017, 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Eichstedt
Nope. Motor, ESC, prop part numbers give it away.
The part numbers have nothing to do with it , The 1200mm planes are FMS with Eflite part numbers
Nov 09, 2017, 05:46 PM
Here we go again,,,every time HH comes out with a New plane people come out just to bash on it................
Nov 09, 2017, 05:52 PM
The problem with the AT-6 is how the gear fits into the wing. We have different geometry in the retract than the full scale. I can tell you that the gear is actually a bit taller than scale as I widened the center section to give a wider track. This made the leg taller to still hit the wheel fairing. Here is a good picture showing the leg fully compressed while sitting on the ramp. With no strut to compress or lengthen we have to find a happy middle ground.

Chris
Nov 09, 2017, 05:55 PM
I'm sure you're right. You must know more than the guy who ran the department.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey 68
The part numbers have nothing to do with it , The 1200mm planes are FMS with Eflite part numbers
Nov 09, 2017, 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalecheek1
Here we go again,,,every time HH comes out with a New plane people come out just to bash on it................
Im not bashing, I like it , all I asked if FMS was making it. I always wanted one to repaint like my friends T-6
Nov 09, 2017, 05:58 PM
Head NEAT geek
notice how "BIG" that pilot looks in cockpit of the full scale AT-6 above? that is why I say the model pilot looks like a 12 year old struggling to see over the instrument panel!
Nov 09, 2017, 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfingers
I'm sure you're right. You must know more than the guy who ran the department.
Maybe
Nov 09, 2017, 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Hunt
notice how "BIG" that pilot looks in cockpit of the full scale AT-6 above? that is why I say the model pilot looks like a 12 year old struggling to see over the instrument panel!
They have to duck alittle just to close the canopy
Nov 09, 2017, 06:09 PM
WWII pilots were a little smaller. A lot of AT-6s flying have had seats modified to be taller as well. Here is a good shot of a WWII era T-6. The pilot might be a little small but his head is about the same level as the lower canopy frame. Also in the picture above the pilot is also wearing a hard helmet which can add a couple inches to a guys head. I know I have plenty of head room in my cars but when I put a helmet on for the track it rubs the roof.
Nov 09, 2017, 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Puckett
Jim,

There have been some program changes since the P-47 that allow the pitch with throttle to be more smooth. Also that only happen in SAFE mode. You can always fly it not in safe to take the pitch with throttle out all together.
Thanks Chris. I will preorder one.
Jim
Nov 09, 2017, 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Eichstedt
https://www.horizonhobby.com/product...5m-pnp-efl8775

Link was provided in the first post of this thread.
Thanks Dave. I missed that. I will order the PNP. I have a Apprentice Rx from a crashed plane that I can put in it.

Jim
Nov 09, 2017, 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampage
The Apprentice RX might not be a direct drop-in. The AS3X gains will be different. Also, if your Apprentice was an RTF, you've only got a 5-channel TX and this requires a minimum of 6 channels. More if you want to use SAFE.

You'd really be better off spending the extra $20.00 for the BNF if you want to use an AS3X receiver anyway.
Thanks for the info. I have been putting Apprentice receivers in everything not just HH models. Each installation is different. (See the thread Safe receivers in another plane). But you are right I would be better off getting the BNF version then testing the AT-6 to see how much HH has corrected the elev/mix problem. If I don't like it I can take the AR636 out of the AT-6 and replace it with my Apprentice receiver. Then I can use the Safe select receiver somewhere else or send it back to HH for conversion to the Safe Select Rx based on the earlier 1.2M Spitfire programming which I like.
Jim
Nov 09, 2017, 06:34 PM
That thing almost hit me
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalecheek1
What I find interesting is that the opinions are made before anyone has even picked one up or flown it. I think it will end up as a perfect intermediate low wing trainer. Watching the short video, it really looks like it flies to scale. The T-6 is not supposed to fly like a 450 MPH fighter.... Do lights make it fly faster or perform better?