E-flite AT-6 1.5m - Page 2 - RC Groups
Nov 09, 2017, 12:52 PM
That thing almost hit me
I liked that you put in the pylon racing. The T-6 would be perfect as a stock class for club racing...
to remove ads between posts
Nov 09, 2017, 01:51 PM
I wonder if FMS makes it
Nov 09, 2017, 02:18 PM
Warbird & Jet Lover
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey 68
I wonder if FMS makes it
Nope. Motor, ESC, prop part numbers give it away.
Nov 09, 2017, 02:35 PM
For some reason this thing reminds me of a Bassett hound.
Nov 09, 2017, 02:36 PM
DFS#000178
The balsa one looked better.

And I'm concerned about a 3s power system on a 1500mm "warbird"...
Nov 09, 2017, 02:48 PM
Parkstormer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampage
The balsa one looked better.

And I'm concerned about a 3s power system on a 1500mm "warbird"...
I wonder if it's "4S capable," like the 1.2M Corsair and Spitfire . . .
Nov 09, 2017, 02:49 PM
DFS#000178
I don't trust their ESCs on 3S. I definitely wouldn't trust them on 4S. Especially with the stock 12x8.5 prop. You're just begging to melt that poor 40-amp they stuck in it.

The motor will do it if you replace the ESC, but then you're throwing another component at an already-expensive purchase.
Nov 09, 2017, 03:16 PM
The sky is my playground.
I dont think the T-6 is suppose to be a rocket ship.

Interesting model. We’ll see if one ends up in my hangar or not.
Nov 09, 2017, 03:18 PM
DFS#000178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dora Nine
I dont think the T-6 is suppose to be a rocket ship.

Interesting model. We’ll see if one ends up in my hangar or not.
I don't think it's supposed to float around like a Timber either.

Considering it's almost a pound heavier than a Timber, I really think 4S is going to be the way to go.
Nov 09, 2017, 03:34 PM
Horizon Hobby Development
Let me introduce myself, i am Chris Puckett. I have a model airplane addiction and am also the designer of the new 1.5m AT-6.

The speed and power of the Texan is very good. In the product video you can see the pylon racing that we did. These are stock airplanes on 3s batteries. It is very much on par with the other 1.2m Warbirds that E Flite has released.

As for the size. A T-6 has a very long wing. If we did not make the wing longer the aircraft would look very small next to the other Warbirds from E Flite. Even with the increase in span the fuse is still slightly shorter than the other offerings.
Nov 09, 2017, 04:18 PM
Plane Nuts
Looks like it would make a great fpv low wing trainer. Perfect 2nd fpv plane after a floater - or a first fpv with the SAFE.

Rob
Nov 09, 2017, 04:20 PM
DFS#000178
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobMason
Looks like it would make a great fpv low wing trainer. Perfect 2nd fpv plane after a floater - or a first fpv with the SAFE.

Rob
I'd think something like a Dynam Grand Cruiser would be better for that, since it's also a low wing but doesn't have the prop infront of the camera.
Nov 09, 2017, 04:20 PM

AT-6 Safe Select mixing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Puckett
Let me introduce myself, i am Chris Puckett. I have a model airplane addiction and am also the designer of the new 1.5m AT-6.

The speed and power of the Texan is very good. In the product video you can see the pylon racing that we did. These are stock airplanes on 3s batteries. It is very much on par with the other 1.2m Warbirds that E Flite has released.

As for the size. A T-6 has a very long wing. If we did not make the wing longer the aircraft would look very small next to the other Warbirds from E Flite. Even with the increase in span the fuse is still slightly shorter than the other offerings.
Chris I have most if not all of the HH 1.1 to 1.2 M warbirds including the ones equipped with safe select. While I love all of them I have had difficulty with the elev/throttle mix on some of them. My P47 Razorback is probably the most problematic and the Spitfire is the least. With the Razorback you can fly straight and level at 50% throttle all day long but the minute you input any throttle the elev mix kicks in and the plane will nose up or down quite a lot making it difficult to fly. The HH warbirds I have with the old Apprentice Safe Rx in them don't do this nearly as much. My question is how much elev/throttle mix is built in to the A6 receiver. I will preorder one today if this is not a problem. If you make a PNP model I can install my own Apprentice Rx and be sure I want have the problem but I don't see where it is offered as a PNP model.
Jim
Nov 09, 2017, 04:28 PM
Warbird & Jet Lover
Quote:
Originally Posted by coystride
If you make a PNP model I can install my own Apprentice Rx and be sure I want have the problem but I don't see where it is offered as a PNP model.
Jim
https://www.horizonhobby.com/product...5m-pnp-efl8775

Link was provided in the first post of this thread.
Nov 09, 2017, 04:50 PM
DFS#000178
The Apprentice RX might not be a direct drop-in. The AS3X gains will be different. Also, if your Apprentice was an RTF, you've only got a 5-channel TX and this requires a minimum of 6 channels. More if you want to use SAFE.

You'd really be better off spending the extra $20.00 for the BNF if you want to use an AS3X receiver anyway.