Motorized Duck Decoy For Casting Bait Farthest Away From Shore - RC Groups
Nov 09, 2017, 07:12 AM
Help!

Motorized Duck Decoy For Casting Bait Farthest Away From Shore

Looking to build a duck decoy to deliver my fishing baits/lures farther than I could ever cast them.
No longer safe to get in boat (balance & arthritis issues). Fishing only from shore/lawn chair now.

Anybody know of plans for an R/C motorized duck decoy?

Thinking of a crude/simple jet drive that delivers thrust back under the water for serenity around real wildlife.

May look at a tug boat type prop drive too, but thinking of weed-fouling issues.

Was thinking of a steerable thrust unit to deliver thrust at variable angles, (I.E., no rudder).
No need for high forward speed.

Thrust from very simple unit pivoting from left, center, right.

Does anything like this exist in available plans, actual production, or homemade form?

Lifelong aircraft modeler. Used to sail a Star 45 sailboat.
Still have two Footy Class sailboats.
They readily fit on my pedal tricycle.

Any suggestions for economical production thrust units (prop or jet)?
Simply plan to swing whole unit (prop or jet) on a pivot with no rudder to foul weeds.

Any one off, production built, or even plans for R/C duck decoys out there?
(May have to scratch build one?)

Thanks in advance,

ScratchBuildrSAM.
AMA # 28854. SAM # 1312
to remove ads between posts
Nov 09, 2017, 09:40 AM
Not what you are looking for exactly, but there is an article in Model Boats (UK magazine) this month. A man built an RC duck that actually paddles with its feet. Very complicated mechanism but cool.
Nov 09, 2017, 09:50 AM
http://www.vac-u-boat.com/Vacuduck.htm
Nov 09, 2017, 09:52 AM

Duck!

I have a RC duck that I'd be willing to part with. PM for further discussion.
Nov 10, 2017, 06:35 PM
Thanks everyone for responding.
Thinking now I might need a Canada goose "stackable" (like cereal bowls) hunting decoy.
This to allow more room for a downward facing FPV camera.
Want to fish for, and catch bluegills which seemingly are farther out from shore area that I have access to!
Shore-bound now due to balance/arthritis issues.
Thanks, everyone,

ScratchBuildrSAM
Nov 13, 2017, 10:21 AM
Big Boats Rule!
Always check your local DNR regulations. Fishing with the aid of an RC boat may be considered illegal, and result in fines and confiscation.

Dave