Mavic killer come out!Walkera night vision camera drone Vitus Starlight released ! - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Nov 09, 2017, 02:08 AM
New Product

Mavic killer come out!Walkera night vision camera drone Vitus Starlight released !

Breaking news!
The first night vision camera drone of Walkera --Vitus Starlight released !
According to Walkera 's introduction this drone's performance is really nice! 25 mins flying time,4 k night vision&day camera........no big difference from the Vitus on looking .
They call it "The crystal eyes of the night".I think this drone is the real KILLER to DJI Mavic
This time Walkera provides two choices for this drone.Standard one is 1299 USD and Combo is 1549 USD .
Now Walkera official online store allow pre-order, check it here:http://store.walkera.com/index.php?r...product_id=631

Last edited by Winintheair; Nov 09, 2017 at 02:25 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 09, 2017, 02:14 AM
Vitus Starlight (2 min 12 sec)
Nov 09, 2017, 03:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winintheair
I think this drone is the real KILLER to DJI Mavic
Are you serious or are you kidding?
Nov 09, 2017, 06:38 AM
I guess he never tested the first walkera Vitus

THis new one reprensents just an upgrade of the camera module..... We still are waiting the final appz release..... With walkera it's "buy the product, stock the machine 1 year until they deliver none too buggy software"
Latest blog entry: Youbi XV-130 130MM FPV Racer
Nov 09, 2017, 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LysyZdw
Are you serious or are you kidding?
Hi,exactly serious! I like Walkera 's products and I bought so many from them in the past. All drones are not bad.
Nov 09, 2017, 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeByDocKy
I guess he never tested the first walkera Vitus

THis new one reprensents just an upgrade of the camera module..... We still are waiting the final appz release..... With walkera it's "buy the product, stock the machine 1 year until they deliver none too buggy software"
Hi Seby, I have one Vitus that ordered from walkera official online store,and I fly it in a long time.
Everything is nice although there is a little weak point on this products. Why do you say that ?
Nov 09, 2017, 09:43 PM
Drone Pilot (Trainee)
You need to be good to fly at night as a human. I suspect that is plenty of incentive to get this drone right, as that requirement sets the bar high right from the beginning.

No personal experience with Walkera, but the very first thing I'd want to know about is "how is the collision avoidance suite?" Even if theoretically in LOS, at night the human PIC is pretty limited in assessing the surroundings by the naked eye, even if the drone is quite capable technically. Night vision for the pilot would seem to be a needed upgrade, whether the drone is flown FPV or not.
Nov 10, 2017, 02:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winintheair
Hi Seby, I have one Vitus that ordered from walkera official online store,and I fly it in a long time.
Everything is nice although there is a little weak point on this products. Why do you say that ?

Well you were a bit lucky coz

1) if you are android user, you still don't have the final Appz and for some contries the WiFi is not directly visible
2) The choice is a working microSD card is a nightmare.... Most are incompatible even some fast Class 10 U3... Now walkera ships the vitus with a more or less working one
3) If you don't do perfectly and regulary a compass calibration, the machine can fly away... serveral are reported.
4) whatever you flashed all last firmwares, the videos stablization is far to be perfect..... microvibrations are still here.
Latest blog entry: Youbi XV-130 130MM FPV Racer
Nov 10, 2017, 02:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeByDocKy
Well you were a bit lucky coz

1) if you are android user, you still don't have the final Appz and for some contries the WiFi is not directly visible
2) The choice is a working microSD card is a nightmare.... Most are incompatible even some fast Class 10 U3... Now walkera ships the vitus with a more or less working one
3) If you don't do perfectly and regulary a compass calibration, the machine can fly away... serveral are reported.
4) whatever you flashed all last firmwares, the videos stablization is far to be perfect..... microvibrations are still here.
I upgraded at least 2 times firmware after I got this machine.and every time you need to calibrate the compass ,gimbal etc ...
or you may meet the trouble.
Nov 10, 2017, 04:31 PM
1080p 30fps? And you think it is mavic killer? Are you are serious film maker or photographer?
Nov 12, 2017, 01:45 AM
Walkera has never had viable camera platform. This is not a first either.
Last edited by RadMulRot; Nov 12, 2017 at 01:50 AM.
Nov 12, 2017, 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsy541
1080p 30fps? And you think it is mavic killer? Are you are serious film maker or photographer?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadMulRot
Walkera has never had viable camera platform. This is not a first either.
Anyway,for me their products are good enough,but you all don't think so then you can buy one to try....