Nov 19, 2017, 06:11 AM
Mack
A very exciting project, Lockey. Looking forward to flight tests and especially that first water take-off. The Flynano is reminiscent of the revolutionary Australian ultralight of a couple of decades ago that had a very similar configuration. I can't recall the name but the first single seat version flew very successfully; sadly, a later two-seater crashed during test killing its designer/pilot.
Peter
to remove ads between posts
Nov 19, 2017, 08:50 AM
Tony Audsley Retired Locksmith
Thanks Peter, I have to admit, I am more than a little nervous about the maiden of this one

Lockey
Nov 19, 2017, 11:11 AM
When cows fly!
Looking good Lockey! Can't wait for the first flight
Nov 19, 2017, 12:25 PM
Retired CAD guy
And thanks for the latest update too.
Nov 19, 2017, 11:56 PM
I forgot the wing top skirts so added them

I also decided to add some KF foils to the rear wing ... more for strength and to help stiffen it up than anything else .. AND .. to add some much needed weight to the tail end ... Will definitely be necessary if using MPF .. I even considered making a proper airfoil but would be very awkward with the rolled wing tip

Also added the skids

Lockey
Last edited by Lockey; Nov 20, 2017 at 12:03 AM.
Nov 20, 2017, 01:29 AM
Careful,.. confident,.. CRASH!
Woohoo!! beautiful Lockey. You guys are killing it!! Can't wait to see it in the air
Nov 20, 2017, 05:06 AM
Mack
The joined-wing ultralight I could not recall in post 61 was the remarkable (and somewhat scary) Ligeti Stratos from the mid 1980s:
http://ultralightaircraftaustralia.c...tratos-History.
Nov 20, 2017, 05:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mack
The joined-wing ultralight I could not recall in post 61 was the remarkable (and somewhat scary) Ligeti Stratos from the mid 1980s:
http://ultralightaircraftaustralia.c...tratos-History.
Funny you should post the exact picture to the one I posted earlier today on the other thread https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...0#post38662025

Lockey
Nov 20, 2017, 03:30 PM
We should be looking into that motor / prop / cowling configuration... Looks interesting........ 3d print??
Nov 20, 2017, 05:16 PM
Maiden..maiden...maiden.. and so on and so on.

It looks so good it has to fly good!
Nov 20, 2017, 06:39 PM
I held the model and opened the throttle and it seemed to want to pull its nose down so I have given it some up elevator ... see what happens

Not sure if you can make it out in the pic, I have a couple of degrees of UP thrust (prop facing up) and also a bit of right thrust as well

Lockey
Nov 20, 2017, 10:40 PM
Just had to put a pilot in her .. nothing fancy .. BUT

Lockey

Cutting out the pilot for Flynano (1 min 16 sec)
Last edited by Lockey; Nov 21, 2017 at 08:52 AM.
Nov 20, 2017, 11:20 PM
Pleased to see he's strapped in
Nov 21, 2017, 12:50 AM
Decided to refine the little bugger a bit for the plans ..

Lockey
Last edited by Lockey; Nov 21, 2017 at 01:42 AM.
Nov 21, 2017, 01:28 AM
Lol....... man thats cool!!

Quick Reply