DLG beginnings - RC Groups
Nov 08, 2017, 03:41 PM
iVoid Warrenties
Discussion

DLG beginnings

Given that most of the participants in this hobby/sport are not as young as they used to be, and time is passing, I began to wonder how we all got into these marvelous contraptions. Below is a link to a survey which asks how we can help this hobby/sport continue.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1PyJ...OFgs1z63qr5_Cs

Thank You in advance
to remove ads between posts
Nov 10, 2017, 08:30 PM
Jesper Frickmann
Are you thinking about designing a beginner DLG?
Nov 14, 2017, 12:03 AM
Fly in a safe place but one that can be seen from a fairly well-traveled road or the local Y athletic field or park. In my very small town and in the course of an hour or so no less than 3 or 4 kids, 1 or 2 adults including very nice policemen will ask what you're doing. My first response (at this stage) is "I wish I knew!" Curiously and in spite of that opening remark most stay to watch the calamity or want to know more. The cost to play with the nice stuff is one question answered that usually sends folks on their way. The other is the build, most want RTF or simple plug and play. With new functional radios between 60-100 bucks, maybe one day someone will come up with a PET or other molded plastic DLG that can sell for a reasonable price and be a segway to bigger an better things and a renewed and increased interest in the sport. Till then, the battle cry offered me by many, BUY A RADIAN. I know it's not a DLG but at a couple hundred feet above the ground with the motor off you can pretend it is.
Nov 14, 2017, 03:15 PM
Aircraft Life
I know Dream-Flight offers a $120 DLG. I was lucky enough to try one out at this years Weasel Fest. Got me hooked on DLGs.