Troubleshooting HD Video Jello - RC Groups
Nov 08, 2017, 02:08 PM
Help!

Troubleshooting HD Video Jello

After countless attempts to try and figure out what is causing jello in my video, I am looking to the experts on the internet to help with an answer. My 6" build on a flite test chase quad frame has a dys f4, f80 tmotors 1900kv, hq 6045 biprops, 35amp emax bullet esc's, run cam swift 2, and a gopro hero 5 on top. I have added capacitors on each esc, 4 panasonic 470 uf 25v, and have the flight controller soft mounted. I have tried replacing vibrating motors, fresh props, soft mounting motors, and messed with the tuning, tpa and breakpoint, antigravity, and I've run out of ideas other than putting the gopro on a soft mount similar to Dji hanging gimbal platforms just without the gimbal for now. It flies amazing and is responsive to exactly what I want it to do. I'm putting the tbs micro on it this week and I am going to be using it long range as I can get 11;30 flight times on a 2,200 mah battery with the hero 5 strapped on.

Any suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated as I would love to be able to achieve some really amazing footage in the mountains as I am moving back to wyoming and the colorado area.

Right now the video has the gopro on its standard mount with 3m adhesive tape that comes standard on their mounts. It has less jello that when I strap it on with a piece of foam underneath.

What's causing this jello?? Help with Long range drone video vibrations (8 min 53 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Nov 08, 2017, 04:44 PM
FPV really is fun.
Jello is caused by vibration. You didn't mention balancing your props. That's the first thing you do for jello.
Fresh props is no substitute for balanced props. Some come balanced, some do not. You can also try clocking props on a motor. Moving them a quarter turn can make all the difference.
Nov 09, 2017, 02:57 AM
ultra cheap pilot
Dab a flimsy sticky tape on the prop blade one by one to identify which blade is unbalance. Also check if the motor's bell is balanced, remove the prop and throttle to detect the vibration culprit.