Wings that Morph and new composite materials - RC Groups
Nov 08, 2017, 12:22 PM
Discussion

Wings that Morph and new composite materials

I've been thinking of ideas for wing morphing, basically trying to come up with a more realistic flying raptor design. I came across this youtube video that had some different concepts for wings, mechanisms, and materials that I thought may be of interest here. The morphing idea was along the lines I was thinking of trying, but for sure a whole lot more sophisticated.

UAV with Wings that Morph Like a Bird (2 min 14 sec)

I was trying to identify the materials that they might be using in the video, specifically the wing sheeting, it maybe looks like a glass or kevlar material (just a wild guess), and the wing ribs and leading edge, it looks plastic, but I would think that would get too heavy.

So anyway, at the very least I hope the video might be of interest and at best try to figure out materials.
Thanks
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply