How to safely remove landing gear? - RC Groups
Nov 08, 2017, 11:06 AM
Question

How to safely remove landing gear?

Trying to get the landing gear off a HH t-28 trojan S um. Easy enough to go on, but getting them off requires more brute force than the materials around it can handle and thus I have to ask...how is this done? Is there a special tool? I was not able to find any youtube videos. In scouring the instruction manual, it left this critical bit of information out.

Thanks in advance.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 08, 2017, 12:53 PM
To UMX or not to UMX, that's..
I admit taking off the landing gear from the T-28 as well as the Habu is tricky to put it mildly...
The trick is to lift the innermost piece of the steel wire 'over' the plastic threshold (probably not the best name for it, but i'm not a native English speaker so to say).

While lifting the wire with a fingernail or small screwdriver (start at the corner), make sure that you press the plastic retainer thing against the foam wing to prevent it from tearing away from the foam.

Hope this helps....
Nov 08, 2017, 08:25 PM
circle flyer
You lift the wire lock tab with your fingernail and slide the gear out.
Nov 08, 2017, 09:36 PM
What I’ve always done is use a small jewelry screwdriver to help get them out the first time and then after that leave them half inserted and let the friction hold them in, if they are loose I spread the wire apart to make it sung. Works great for while their on display and for the occasional flight that I leave them on.