ESC, identification help wanted. - RC Groups
Nov 08, 2017, 10:50 AM
Help!

ESC, identification help wanted.

Hello!

Got this in a plane off a swapmeet. It was used in a glider with a 5s and a Plettenberg Orbit 26-16 brushless and a 13 prop. So 500-600W at least.

Black shrink wrap, no markings.
Big cooling heatsink
Dual Rubycon 330uF
Atmega168 chip
Circuit board size 54mm x 28mm approx
Circuit board colour green
On off switch
Ferrite ring
Comparably long BEC cable

I took some pics.

I googled a lot but found no ESC that matches.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 09, 2017, 01:31 PM
I did the following detective work:

The ESC is very well made. Nice quality cables, unusually long wires, excellent welding. The Combination of Plettenberg, Aeronaut Carbon prop and superlight alu spinner in a 4m ship indicates in a way a "good" brand.

The RX connector had a very tiny text that said "Sloup" - picture googling generated a Czech castle! Coincidence?

OK, two top brands from CZ is Hacker and Jeti. I checked for sellers of Plettenberg in Sweden and noted they also sell Hacker.

A picture google of Hacker controllers matched exactly the combination of ferrite ring colour, cable colours, lenght of cables and also the characteristic 8-sided "thing" on the board.

I looked up a manual and tried the programming. Bullseye. Its a Jeti or Hacker by Jeti. Now I will mail them and ask which version.