Frsky X12S won't bind/link - RC Groups
Nov 08, 2017, 10:02 AM
Help!

Frsky X12S won't bind/link

Just purchased this new last week and the Manual doesn't say anything about how to bind the receiver to the transmitter . I thought since the transmitter had it's own operating system that it would be turn key . Turned on the transmitter, pressed the link button on the Frsky ACCST receiver, activated the receiver switch and nothing ! At my age there's no way I want to deal with OpenTX which is why I purchased this transmitter . What am I missing here guys ?
to remove ads between posts
Nov 08, 2017, 10:27 AM
Sagitta Fanboy
The bind procedure for all FrSky receivers is pretty much the same.

You power on the receiver holding on the F/S button to put the receiver in bind mode.

Binding at the TX is covered in the quickstart guide, on the third page (third section of the first page of the PDF), it's available here:

https://www.frsky-rc.com/wp-content/...S-20160831.pdf
Nov 08, 2017, 11:00 AM
What do the status led's on the receiver show? You did activate bind in the transmitter?
Nov 08, 2017, 12:12 PM

Tried two different Frsky receivers

Green and red leds were lit on both receivers and never changed after releasing the button . I have both internal RF and external rf switched " on " even though there is no external module .
Nov 08, 2017, 12:21 PM
AKA 8178 - MIke Dailey
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike912e
Green and red leds were lit on both receivers and never changed after releasing the button . I have both internal RF and external rf switched " on " even though there is no external module .
Make sure the TX and RX are three feet or more apart. On the RF SYSTEM screen select the STATE option. Change it from NORMAL to BIND. In the popup window select WITH TELE 1-8CH. TX speaks "internal bind". With the bind button held down apply power to the receiver, wait until the LEDs flash. Remove receiver power and change RF SYSTEM screen selection STATE option to NORMAL. Power up receiver.

Mike
Nov 08, 2017, 01:44 PM

It worked !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet_Flyer
Make sure the TX and RX are three feet or more apart. On the RF SYSTEM screen select the STATE option. Change it from NORMAL to BIND. In the popup window select WITH TELE 1-8CH. TX speaks "internal bind". With the bind button held down apply power to the receiver, wait until the LEDs flash. Remove receiver power and change RF SYSTEM screen selection STATE option to NORMAL. Power up receiver.

Mike
Thanks Mike .
Now why can't they state that in simple terms for us old folks !
Mike
Nov 11, 2017, 10:22 PM

I'm going to trash this POS

Now the damned thing won't control the outrunner on my plane . I swapped receivers and put my Futaba Fasst in the plane and guess what ? The motor and ESC work just fine . When I had the servos plugged in channel 1 and 2 , elevator and ailerons functioned normally , but no throttle . Why ? I thought this radio had the Frsky operating system installed but it's acting more like OpenTx which I sure don't understand . I guess I'll end up getting rid of this radio and buy a Futaba, which is what I should have done all along .
Nov 12, 2017, 07:25 AM
No bounce, No play.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike912e
Now the damned thing won't control the outrunner on my plane . I swapped receivers and put my Futaba Fasst in the plane and guess what ? The motor and ESC work just fine . When I had the servos plugged in channel 1 and 2 , elevator and ailerons functioned normally , but no throttle . Why ? I thought this radio had the Frsky operating system installed but it's acting more like OpenTx which I sure don't understand . I guess I'll end up getting rid of this radio and buy a Futaba Spektrum, which is what I should have done all along .
Fixed it for ya! LOL Just Kidding

Futaba Throttle are usually backwards to eveything else?

Maybe you need to teach the ESC the new throttle travel/direction
Nov 12, 2017, 08:20 AM
AKA 8178 - MIke Dailey
Just press MDL select REVERSE and reverse the throttle channel. The total throttle movement on the X12S is most likely more than the Futaba system.

As a former Futaba user I run it that way so it matches all my former Futaba installations that have glow engines and throttle servos.

Mike