The Klungaknull - A Kitbash Project by Old_Pilot - RC Groups

The Klungaknull - A Kitbash Project by Old_Pilot

If you don't know what kitbashing is, it's where you take parts of a model and use them to create something different. Check out this twin EDF kitbashed airplane.

Splash

The Art of Kitbashing

If you don't know what kitbashing is, it's where you take parts of a model and use them to create something different. In this case, RCGroups user Old_Pilot took two old Dynam ME-262 nacelles and mashed them together with parts from another plane to create this truly unique EDF dubbed the Klunganull. It's made from foam and uses twin 70mm fans. Sometimes kitbashing doesn't end well, but in this case, it looks like it flies great! Awesome job Old_Pilot!!!

Check out Old_Pilots RCG Blog Post here to see photos of the build

Klungaknull (2 min 34 sec)

Nov 08, 2017, 12:07 PM
Seeing that you put Swedish crown markings on it, you might want to change the name of your model. In Swedish it means something that it too offensive to write here.
Last edited by Admiral Piett14; Nov 08, 2017 at 12:59 PM.
Nov 08, 2017, 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Piett14
Seeing that you put Swedish crown markings on it, you might want to change the name of your model. In Swedish it means something that it too offensive to write here.
oh no kidding lol - learned some Swedish today.
Nov 09, 2017, 07:44 AM
Registered Airframe builder
What an offensive looking beast.. Yeah.. I laughed at the name.. Sounds like something Mr. Trump could have written on a late night on twitter..
Nov 09, 2017, 07:19 PM
Pls leave the politics out of this site and keep it in yr side of the continent. Thank you!!!!
Nov 09, 2017, 08:29 PM
ProfDen

It could be....

Put the fans on pylons and re-shape the nose and it could be a "stand way off scale" Lockheed S-3 Viking.
Nov 10, 2017, 02:15 AM
No one mentioned politics. You should keep your opinions to your self, If you cant take joke Ledesma45.
Nov 10, 2017, 05:18 AM

Klungaknull

It looks like the old U.S NAVY A-3 "Skywarrior". Very nice.
Nov 10, 2017, 10:25 AM
I love the call letters: Whiskey Tango Foxtrox!
Nov 10, 2017, 04:01 PM
Ad eos qui nesciunt crepitus

The name of the aircraft

All, the name of the aircraft is a joke that a friend (that lives in Stockholm) and I came up with because of our time spent in the military....
those of you that have been in uniform will understand completely....those of you that haven't, well, what can I say.....kinda had to be there...
and the fact that the entire aircraft was designed around those 2 nacelles....and she does look a lot like a Skywarrior, and a B-47, and a S-3,
and a ......well you get the idea....
Latest blog entry: Progress
Nov 10, 2017, 04:13 PM
Thanks Jason !
Nov 11, 2017, 03:24 AM
Hahaha, swede here... Never heard the Swedish direct translation of the name, there are other words for that. But.. Yea kinda like the game Fluster Cluck for ps4 ��
Nov 11, 2017, 04:39 AM
It looks like the Yak-25RV Mandrake
Nov 11, 2017, 06:10 AM
no it doesn't
Nov 11, 2017, 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Pilot
no it doesn't
True - But what a wild looking plane! That would be an interesting build.