I don't know what plane this wing pair is from - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Nov 08, 2017, 07:06 AM
66 yrs of flying stuff
Help!

I don't know what plane this wing pair is from

My friend passed away and his wife sent everything to me. I received this pair of wings (showing one for detail) and nothing else.
Can someone identify what plane this is from please.
31.25 span, 6.75 cord at the root. Spar is carbon. Wing is beautifully finished. I'm assuming an ARF of some sort.

PM me please as I may never find this thread again.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 08, 2017, 10:42 AM
B for Bruce
Those are only the wing TIPS. There would have been a center section to go with them. And, of course, the rest of it.

What are your plans for these? They COULD be used by themselves as the basis of a new model. Or once the actual model is identified they could be sold to someone that needs them to repair a model with damaged tips.
Nov 08, 2017, 05:51 PM
Surf's up!!

Gebhart Kelly 1300

Those are to an old Hobby Lobby import Gebhart Kelly 1300, nice flying micro slope plane.

Chip
Nov 08, 2017, 07:22 PM
B for Bruce
Nope, thought you were onto something. But looking up pictures of the Kelly from online the wing root is different the wing tip configuration is a bit different and chuckstarck's wings have more ribs than the Kelly.
Nov 09, 2017, 05:38 PM
66 yrs of flying stuff
I don't think I need them for anything. There is no fuse as mentioned. They do look like they were on a plane that had a thick fuse at the leading edge and thin at the trailing. I thought about building a park flyer out of them, perhaps a profile something but the front to rear taper is really a lot.

I think I'd give them away to someone who will pay the shipping and of course the box isn't small

Each wing max length is just short of 80cm so 1.6 meters plus the fuse. The kelly has a root box in it and these don't. I can't see them plugging into another wing piece with that taper.
Last edited by chuckstarck; Nov 09, 2017 at 05:43 PM.
Nov 11, 2017, 01:14 AM
Surf's up!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMatthews
Nope, thought you were onto something. But looking up pictures of the Kelly from online the wing root is different the wing tip configuration is a bit different and chuckstarck's wings have more ribs than the Kelly.
Hmmmm, Gebhart did have a larger version of the Kelly, can't remember the name and can't seem to locate it using Google. Close, but no cigar
Nov 11, 2017, 05:48 AM
I'm All Thumbs
I'm finding references to a 'Kelly Acro' with a CF tube spar but your wings don't have reinforcement @ the root.
Maybe some home made replacement wings or 'Acro' style wings made to upgrade someone' Kelly?
Skies
Jay
Last edited by AirBornOne; Nov 11, 2017 at 05:54 AM.