Some ancient astronaut theorists agree - RC Groups
Nov 07, 2017, 07:04 PM
Discussion

Some ancient astronaut theorists agree

That I could build this out of dollar tree foam board and make it fly. The question is how big can I make it and still power it with a blue wonder 1300 kv motor? Iíve seen YouTube videos where people made RC versions of other Aztec flyers and they flew well but I havenít seen this one done yet. Anyone else try something like this yet?
to remove ads between posts
Nov 07, 2017, 09:00 PM
I think that one has been done, and there was a clip of it flying on one of the early episodes.
but I have never seen "plans" for one anywhere.
I would like to build one too.
Nov 07, 2017, 09:54 PM
I think I could throw something together without plans but where would you want the cg to be on something like that? And would it be better to use an edf?
Nov 08, 2017, 08:31 AM
I was watching the ancient aliens marathon on the history channel last Friday like I usually do and they had the episode where they had a version of this one that flew. I havenít seen any like the one Iím thinking about doing though.
Nov 08, 2017, 10:11 AM
if you make it. You have to put a quartz / amethyst crystal on the top with some wires glued to it and claim that's all you're using to power the model. Just like the ancients!
Nov 08, 2017, 10:16 AM
Was that the episode where the model they make looks nothing like the jewelry they were "basing" it on?

Andy
Nov 08, 2017, 12:14 PM
I think it was but there’s a guy on YouTube with one that has the swirley holes in the leading edge and everything. It seems to fly pretty good too.
Nov 08, 2017, 12:27 PM
AMA 537620
Nov 08, 2017, 03:20 PM
I was thinking about putting little alien heads up front where the little gold balls are but I like the crystal ball idea too.
Nov 08, 2017, 04:25 PM
An itch?. Scratch build.
Build a big fish tank, and get a real one --

But you will have to put a big net over the top, or it may disappear down wind

pull the other fin, it's got bells on

Ray.
Nov 08, 2017, 07:48 PM
WJH
WJH
Re-Born Foam Lover
Tv is so obnoxiously awful that I cancelled it.
Nov 08, 2017, 07:58 PM
The bigger challenge would be to build a plane that looks like the fish and still flies. I think the tail is all wrong on the fish though.
Nov 08, 2017, 08:48 PM
The tail and everything are as right as zillions of years of trail & error could create. As with most fish, the body wiggles like a worm on the ground or flag in the wind and the vertical tail extends this energy for very powerful forward propulsion. The wings and horizontal stab are properly retracted when under water where this animal spends almost all of its time. Then with a BIG thrust from its normal fwd propulsion it leaps out of the water and extends the flying surfaces. It is a well engineered multi-mode adaption. They use flight to get to or away from somewhere quick, especially to escape predators I think.

Watching from a cruise ship's deck I've seen schools of these glide over the water and they do fly impressively well!
Nov 08, 2017, 09:27 PM
Erik von Daeniken knows the design!
Nov 08, 2017, 10:19 PM
I’m not trying to say that the fish tail is wrong for flight im just saying that it doesn’t look like the one on the gold airplane.