Binding Taranis with Warlark 80 - RC Groups
Nov 07, 2017, 06:54 PM
Discussion

Binding Taranis with Warlark 80

Dear friends, I have a problem with my new Warlark 80 FrSky receiver. I don't succeed a bind with my FrSky Taranis X9D Plus. My first try, I have done. Now it not work. Why? Can you help me, please??
The bind seem ok, red led is fixed, ma on betaflight the sticks not works.
Thanks
to remove ads between posts
Nov 08, 2017, 02:01 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
What version BetaFlight configurator? New version configurator messes with receiver settings on older firmware. Please check this topic: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...-be-sticky-%29
Nov 08, 2017, 05:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
What version BetaFlight configurator? New version configurator messes with receiver settings on older firmware. Please check this topic: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...-be-sticky-%29
I use BetaFlight Configurator 3.2.2
How can I resolve this problem?
I'm ignorant
Thank you
Nov 08, 2017, 05:48 AM
Quote:
How can I know the real betaflight version of the drone?
Nov 10, 2017, 01:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by extrabrushless
I use BetaFlight Configurator 3.2.2
How can I resolve this problem?
I'm ignorant
Thank you
First step is to manually install Configurator 3.1.1 in Chrome. 3.2.2 won't work with the firmware version that's on the Warlark, and you can't simply upgrade the Warlark, afaik it uses custom firmware. Please follow the steps listed in the topic I linked to, following the video that covers installing 3.1.1 configurator.

Quote:
How can I know the real betaflight version of the drone?
You can easily check on any BetaFlight drone by going to CLI and type for instance the word diff followed by enter. You will see some text appear, and on top of the text the board type and installed firmware.

To get your Warlark back to original condition, before configurator 3.2.2 killed you receiver settings, you have to install the 3.1.1 configurator, then go to CLI, and copy/past all the lines from the attached text file. Press enter to install the copied settings, you will see lots of text scrolling down the screen, then type the word save followed by enter. Board will reboot, and it should work again.

Btw, this is not a backup of stock BF settings, as my Warlark 80 came with CleanFlight, but that was an early sample. These settings are based upon tuning settings by Nick Burns, so PID settings will be different than stock. Doesn't matter for getting receiver to work though, as that remains the same.
Nov 10, 2017, 06:03 AM
Quote:
First step is to manually install Configurator 3.1.1 in Chrome. 3.2.2 won't work with the firmware version that's on the Warlark, and you can't simply upgrade the Warlark, afaik it uses custom firmware. Please follow the steps listed in the topic I linked to, following the video that covers installing 3.1.1 configurator.

You can easily check on any BetaFlight drone by going to CLI and type for instance the word diff followed by enter. You will see some text appear, and on top of the text the board type and installed firmware.

To get your Warlark back to original condition, before configurator 3.2.2 killed you receiver settings, you have to install the 3.1.1 configurator, then go to CLI, and copy/past all the lines from the attached text file. Press enter to install the copied settings, you will see lots of text scrolling down the screen, then type the word save followed by enter. Board will reboot, and it should work again.

Btw, this is not a backup of stock BF settings, as my Warlark 80 came with CleanFlight, but that was an early sample. These settings are based upon tuning settings by Nick Burns, so PID settings will be different than stock. Doesn't matter for getting receiver to work though, as that remains the same.

Thank you very much !!!!
This is my version: BetaFlight / SPRACINGF3EVO 3.0.1 Oct 18 2016 / 10:36:44 (48b7b4f)
I have connect board, open Betaflight 3.1.1 and I go in CLI. I copyed your text. If I click on Setup (Betaflight) for Save and reboot, it disconnects automatically. Now I copyed your text, write "SAVE" on CLI and press send key. It disconnects automatically.

Now, I have press bind on my Taranis X9D Plus (Mode D8, Ch 1-8), I press the button on the board and connect the battery. I pressed for 10 seconds the button. I leave the button of the board and press the bind button of my Taranis for stop binding.
Warlark not work
I've noticed that the receiver mode is set to PPM on Board. It's right? Taranis is in PPM or SBUS transmitting?

Thank you for helping me. You are a good friend! Sorry for my terrible english.
Nov 10, 2017, 10:15 PM
Quote:
Thank you very much !!!!
This is my version: BetaFlight / SPRACINGF3EVO 3.0.1 Oct 18 2016 / 10:36:44 (48b7b4f)
I have connect board, open Betaflight 3.1.1 and I go in CLI. I copyed your text. If I click on Setup (Betaflight) for Save and reboot, it disconnects automatically. Now I copyed your text, write "SAVE" on CLI and press send key. It disconnects automatically.

Now, I have press bind on my Taranis X9D Plus (Mode D8, Ch 1-8), I press the button on the board and connect the battery. I pressed for 10 seconds the button. I leave the button of the board and press the bind button of my Taranis for stop binding.
Warlark not work
I've noticed that the receiver mode is set to PPM on Board. It's right? Taranis is in PPM or SBUS transmitting?

Hi Sir,
I guess you need to go back 3.0.1 version, the receiver of FC on old Warlark-80 does not support Betaflight 3.0.1 above, I'm sorry for that, but now we solved the problem on new Warlark-80 or Warlark pro 85.
Thank you!
Nov 11, 2017, 02:20 AM
Quote:
Thank you very much !!!!

Warlark not work

Quote:
Originally Posted by YXmotor
Hi Sir,
I guess you need to go back 3.0.1 version, the receiver of FC on old Warlark-80 does not support Betaflight 3.0.1 above, I'm sorry for that, but now we solved the problem on new Warlark-80 or Warlark pro 85.
Thank you!

On the board is still BF 3.0.1 looking at this line: This is my version: BetaFlight / SPRACINGF3EVO 3.0.1 Oct 18 2016 / 10:36:44 (48b7b4f)

The Configurator app is on 3.1.1 which is the highest version of the app that still works ok with older firmware. 3.2.x for instance kills receiver settings.

@extrabrushless: after you copied the text from my file and pasted in CLI, you did first press Enter? Then you will see text scroll on the screen, when that stops, type save and Enter. It will disconnect, because it auto reboots.

Are you sure you have the FrSky version of the Warlark 80? I was supposed to get it, but instead got Futaba S-FHSS. So I also spent some time trying to get it to bind to Taranis, but then found out why it would never work.

Just to make sure, you do press bind button on Warlark and keep button pressed while connecting battery? Then activate bind on Taranis, D8 mode? Let it beep a few seconds then it should have bound. Taranis doesn't give binding succeeded confirmation.

After that, when you connect Warlark to the config app, and go to receiver settings, do any bars move? PPM or Sbus doesn't refer to how Taranis transmits, it only determines how the flight controller communicates with receiver.
Nov 11, 2017, 07:26 AM
Quote:
@extrabrushless: after you copied the text from my file and pasted in CLI, you did first press Enter? Then you will see text scroll on the screen, when that stops, type save and Enter. It will disconnect, because it auto reboots
Yes, of course.
I see it flowing. After typing SAVE and I press Enter, it automatically reboot.
Quote:
Are you sure you have the FrSky version of the Warlark 80? I was supposed to get it, but instead got Futaba S-FHSS. So I also spent some time trying to get it to bind to Taranis, but then found out why it would never work.
Yes, because it first bind and worked for the first time.
I had not fly because it wasn't armed. In BetaFlight configurator I saw the bars that they moved when I moved my sticks on Taranis. Also, in the first use, I had come in OSD mode, and I could change the setup on OSD.
Quote:
Just to make sure, you do press bind button on Warlark and keep button pressed while connecting battery? Then activate bind on Taranis, D8 mode? Let it beep a few seconds then it should have bound. Taranis doesn't give binding succeeded confirmation.
Yes, of course.
I press BIND button on Taranis. Taranis beeps (I've got other models I have, so I know). I pressed the button on the Warlark, I connect the battery, wait 10 seconds. I leave the button on the Warlark. The red led on the Warlark flashes. I click on ENTER on the Taranis and Taranis do not beep. It is now BIND. The red led now is fixed, but it does not work.

Quote:
After that, when you connect Warlark to the config app, and go to receiver settings, do any bars move? PPM or Sbus doesn't refer to how Taranis transmits, it only determines how the flight controller communicates with receiver.
No, the bars are motionless.

I can do a video for you. Thank you for your patience
Nov 11, 2017, 08:26 AM
Could be the receiver settings for my Futaba S-FHSS version are not the same as for the FrSky version. Currently it's set to PPM? You can try selecting serial rx with sbus, and on ports tab, set uart 2 or 3 to serial rx. Usually it's uart 3.
Nov 13, 2017, 06:59 AM
Quote:
Could be the receiver settings for my Futaba S-FHSS version are not the same as for the FrSky version. Currently it's set to PPM? You can try selecting serial rx with sbus, and on ports tab, set uart 2 or 3 to serial rx. Usually it's uart 3.
I have try in PPM and SBUS mode, but don't work.
Channel MAP is in AETR1234.

If I change the firmware, you think that can work? If your response is positive, how can I do it?
Thank you.
Nov 15, 2017, 10:27 AM
Quote:
I have try in PPM and SBUS mode, but don't work.
Channel MAP is in AETR1234.

If I change the firmware, you think that can work? If your response is positive, how can I do it?
Thank you.
It looks like you are using the wrong Configurator per your pics. Try Configurator 3.1.1 per previous post.
Nov 15, 2017, 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SQDroneN00b
It looks like you are using the wrong Configurator per your pics. Try Configurator 3.1.1 per previous post.
Now I used a BF Configurator 3.1.1, but not work. Now the setting are not correct?
Nov 15, 2017, 06:13 PM
If you have previously used the newer configurator, receiver settings were corrupted. So you need to do a restore of the original settings, using a CLI dump. If you didn't make a CLI dump before you started changing settings, you will need someone else to provide a CLI dump from a working Warlark 80.
Nov 19, 2017, 08:17 AM
Quote:
If you have previously used the newer configurator, receiver settings were corrupted. So you need to do a restore of the original settings, using a CLI dump. If you didn't make a CLI dump before you started changing settings, you will need someone else to provide a CLI dump from a working Warlark 80.
Oh no! I haven't a backup. Do not exist a copy of restore? Can you help me a research it?
Thanks