confusion with vtx - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Nov 07, 2017, 04:39 PM
Discussion

confusion with vtx

first off, hello to everyone... I got into drones entirely from the artsy craftsy photo/video angle, and probably would still be wasting money by mailing it direct to DJI if I hadn't met a few local guys one afternoon and became freshly obsessed with the while DIY & FPV thing. I feel like I'm finally getting the hang of FPV, tho acro is still very, very challenging (tried with sims... made me nauseated). With the winter almost here (more indoor time), I've been trying my damndest to build a quad. Youtube, Google, etc. are invaluable tools, but I find that they can have a shotgun approach to hitting targets requiring one bullet, a sniper rifle, and finesse, For example: right now I'm working on a 5" astroX frame, with emax 30As, emax 2400kvs, a matek F405 AIO FC, runcam eagle, X4RSB rx and... a Crazepony Foxeer FPV Transmitter Switcher 25MW to 600mW 5.8G 40CH Switcher Adjustable VTX. Here's my query: the cable supplied with the VTX has two sets of red and black wires. Helpfully, one pair is designated for "in" power (and accompanying ground) and the other for "out" (and ground). I can figure out what to do with the first pair, but I'm stumped as to where to put the other two. Youtube, google, even the matek website all either ignored the question or yielded conflicting info.
I'm guessing that this is an easy one... (Like when someone explains it, you actually do that thing where you smack yourself on the forehead and feel like the world's slowest sloth at slothfest Pleistocene. I do that a lot.)

Anyway, thanks in advance. I appreciate taking the time to address minor league issues, like the above.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 07, 2017, 07:10 PM
Don't call it a drone!
You're probably referring to this one:
https://www.amazon.com/Crazepony-Fox.../dp/B01IGMXTEM
The DC5V out is for powering the camera and would be a filtered output. The Eagle takes 5-17 volts so you could in theory power it directly from the battery. But you would be more likely to get noise in the video.
Nov 07, 2017, 09:43 PM
I prefer powering my camera from the VTX if at all possible. Less noise usually.
Nov 09, 2017, 03:12 AM
yes, that DC5V output could power to Camera directly, more convenient also make your cable looks trim~