Fatshark Recon Goggles Announced - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Nov 07, 2017, 02:24 PM
Discussion

Fatshark Recon Goggles Announced

Fatshark have just announced some entry level, box goggles.

http://www.fatshark.com/blog/introdu...recon-goggles/
to remove ads between posts
Nov 07, 2017, 03:07 PM
Reminds me of the Eachine VR006.
Nov 08, 2017, 08:17 PM
Meh
Nov 09, 2017, 09:59 PM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Yep... JUNK.
Nov 09, 2017, 11:23 PM
Engineer for Christ
FatShark usually has decent quality. I'd like to see these for myself before passing judgement.

-Alex
Nov 09, 2017, 11:54 PM
Any other specifications other than WQVGA screen?
Nov 10, 2017, 04:56 AM
I think some people are missing the point of these goggles. They are meant to be bundled into starter kits that are aimed at new pilots for their first entry into FPV.

They try to ease the process by having an easy to use system with a built in battery.

Pilots who stay with the hobby are likely to update their goggles before too long, but Fatshark are also trying to build in some brand loyalty from these.

In a way, they are using these goggles as way to gain more in the long run and to introduce more people into the hobby, which can only be a good thing.
Nov 10, 2017, 11:45 AM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimster71
I think some people are missing the point of these goggles. They are meant to be bundled into starter kits that are aimed at new pilots for their first entry into FPV.

They try to ease the process by having an easy to use system with a built in battery.

Pilots who stay with the hobby are likely to update their goggles before too long, but Fatshark are also trying to build in some brand loyalty from these.

In a way, they are using these goggles as way to gain more in the long run and to introduce more people into the hobby, which can only be a good thing.
Yes agreed.... good starter set. Who knows, maybe we get a surprise.

Judgement reversed and on hold until reviews hit.
Nov 10, 2017, 11:46 AM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBCrazy
FatShark usually has decent quality. I'd like to see these for myself before passing judgement.

-Alex
+1.... I should not judge based on what we know currently.
Nov 10, 2017, 01:11 PM
Yeah, don't let the WQVGA screen fool you - these are decent goggles for the price. Plus, the USB charging and integrated Rx makes it nice and easy for noobies.

Really, the Recon is supposed to be an entry level goggle that gets people into racing (via a bundle?) and lets them upgrade through the whole lifecycle. It'll work with a custom quad but by that time the pilot will probably want an HD3 . We're not selling the Recon directly. Doesn't make sense at this point.

And I would expect the price to be..... very competitive.

I'll bring a couple of them with me to the San Francisco Bare Bottle meetup next week if anyone wants to check them out.
Nov 10, 2017, 04:15 PM
"cheap, small, lightweight"
These look very nice (in contrast to the IMHO ugly Transformers) and integrated battery is also great, but the specs are just entry-level.

I'd love to see some low-latency 720p hdmi box-type goggles with that nice housing.
Nov 15, 2017, 02:37 PM
More details on the Recon here.

It's not a pro headset so don't get stirred up about no DVR, hexaversity, hypetrain doodads or integrated espresso makers. Basically, it's a low cost, high quality solution that we're reserving for bundles and other partner activities.

That said, it's a pretty solid little headset. I showed it to a bunch of pilots at this week's micro meetup and everyone was impressed.
Nov 15, 2017, 02:45 PM
No integrated espresso maker? That's me out
Nov 17, 2017, 01:33 AM
If so, for Newbie, they can choose the VR006 instead of ,Cz fatshark does not give reasonable price i think
Nov 17, 2017, 03:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanostone
If so, for Newbie, they can choose the VR006 instead of ,Cz fatshark does not give reasonable price i think
The newbie will just see an Fpv kit with a basic quadcopter or whoop, a transmitter and these goggles.