Fatshark Recon Goggles Announced - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Nov 07, 2017, 02:24 PM
Registered User
Jimster71's Avatar
Discussion

Fatshark Recon Goggles Announced


Fatshark have just announced some entry level, box goggles.

http://www.fatshark.com/blog/introdu...recon-goggles/
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Nov 07, 2017, 03:07 PM
Registered User
Reminds me of the Eachine VR006.
Nov 08, 2017, 08:17 PM
Registered User
Meh
Nov 09, 2017, 09:59 PM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
kydawg1's Avatar
Yep... JUNK.
Nov 09, 2017, 11:23 PM
Engineer for Christ
IBCrazy's Avatar
FatShark usually has decent quality. I'd like to see these for myself before passing judgement.

-Alex
Nov 09, 2017, 11:54 PM
Registered User
Any other specifications other than WQVGA screen?
Nov 10, 2017, 04:56 AM
Registered User
Jimster71's Avatar
I think some people are missing the point of these goggles. They are meant to be bundled into starter kits that are aimed at new pilots for their first entry into FPV.

They try to ease the process by having an easy to use system with a built in battery.

Pilots who stay with the hobby are likely to update their goggles before too long, but Fatshark are also trying to build in some brand loyalty from these.

In a way, they are using these goggles as way to gain more in the long run and to introduce more people into the hobby, which can only be a good thing.
Nov 10, 2017, 11:45 AM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
kydawg1's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimster71
I think some people are missing the point of these goggles. They are meant to be bundled into starter kits that are aimed at new pilots for their first entry into FPV.

They try to ease the process by having an easy to use system with a built in battery.

Pilots who stay with the hobby are likely to update their goggles before too long, but Fatshark are also trying to build in some brand loyalty from these.

In a way, they are using these goggles as way to gain more in the long run and to introduce more people into the hobby, which can only be a good thing.
Yes agreed.... good starter set. Who knows, maybe we get a surprise.

Judgement reversed and on hold until reviews hit.
Nov 10, 2017, 11:46 AM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
kydawg1's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBCrazy
FatShark usually has decent quality. I'd like to see these for myself before passing judgement.

-Alex
+1.... I should not judge based on what we know currently.
Nov 10, 2017, 01:11 PM
Registered User
Yeah, don't let the WQVGA screen fool you - these are decent goggles for the price. Plus, the USB charging and integrated Rx makes it nice and easy for noobies.

Really, the Recon is supposed to be an entry level goggle that gets people into racing (via a bundle?) and lets them upgrade through the whole lifecycle. It'll work with a custom quad but by that time the pilot will probably want an HD3 . We're not selling the Recon directly. Doesn't make sense at this point.

And I would expect the price to be..... very competitive.

I'll bring a couple of them with me to the San Francisco Bare Bottle meetup next week if anyone wants to check them out.
Nov 10, 2017, 04:15 PM
"cheap, small, lightweight"
These look very nice (in contrast to the IMHO ugly Transformers) and integrated battery is also great, but the specs are just entry-level.

I'd love to see some low-latency 720p hdmi box-type goggles with that nice housing.
Nov 15, 2017, 02:37 PM
Registered User
More details on the Recon here.

It's not a pro headset so don't get stirred up about no DVR, hexaversity, hypetrain doodads or integrated espresso makers. Basically, it's a low cost, high quality solution that we're reserving for bundles and other partner activities.

That said, it's a pretty solid little headset. I showed it to a bunch of pilots at this week's micro meetup and everyone was impressed.
Nov 15, 2017, 02:45 PM
Registered User
Jimster71's Avatar
No integrated espresso maker? That's me out
Nov 17, 2017, 01:33 AM
Registered User
If so, for Newbie, they can choose the VR006 instead of ,Cz fatshark does not give reasonable price i think
Nov 17, 2017, 03:49 AM
Registered User
Jimster71's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanostone
If so, for Newbie, they can choose the VR006 instead of ,Cz fatshark does not give reasonable price i think
The newbie will just see an Fpv kit with a basic quadcopter or whoop, a transmitter and these goggles.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Eachine EV100 - Fatshark style goggles! - 720*540 5.8G 72CH FPV Goggles BobFromMars Banggood.com 10 Oct 19, 2017 02:12 AM
News DJI Goggles Price and Release Date Announced Jason Cole Multirotor Drone Talk 61 Jul 09, 2017 07:50 AM
Discussion Fatshark / Skyzone video goggles vs. Quanum DIY-like goggles? daneelgiskard FPV Talk 6 Jun 06, 2016 12:42 PM
Discussion Newer Fatshark vs Older Fatshark goggles? carl1864 FPV Talk 2 Dec 10, 2011 10:05 PM
Discussion where to buy Fatshark goggles? WBFlyer FPV Talk 63 Nov 15, 2010 08:07 PM