Nov 07, 2017, 02:25 PM
is watching the video equal to the read?thx
Nov 07, 2017, 02:28 PM
Nice piece. Seems well balanced.
Nov 07, 2017, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dll932

Read before commenting, please:
Excellent piece. Many good points, all of which lead to the conclusion that nothing can be done.

This is it. This is normal life in America. Get used to it. Every few months a horrendous massacre will occur. It won't get better. If anything, it will get worse as the perpetrators try to outdo what has been done before them.
Nov 07, 2017, 02:42 PM
She seems to get it,,yep

Have a peek at this.
Guys tries to steal car in BC, cops chase, shots fired, One cop dead by shot gun,,police continue chase, more shots fired,,man dragged out of car,,,busted!

How many would have died had the old fool had a automatic weapon? Not just one,,, that is almost certain. He had a shot gun.

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/...-columbia.html
Nov 07, 2017, 02:47 PM
I agree with this article. We have a social problem and no amount of legislation to control firearms is going to make a difference until we work together to address and change our social behaviors.
But I do not see that happening. We as a whole are regressing into a playground mentality where we all act like little children with name calling and throwing tantrums if we don't get our way. Sure, pass all the laws to "prevent" gun violence, but its not going to get better, its going to get worse until we all learn to mature to respect ourselves and our neighbors, even if they look different for feel differently politically. We should be wearing pants, but we are all in our diapers.
Nov 07, 2017, 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottrc78

We as a whole are regressing into a playground mentality where we all act like little children with name calling and throwing tantrums if we don't get our way.
Trump supporters say they admire that behavior. Do they see themselves in it? Does his behavior make theirs seem acceptable?
Nov 07, 2017, 02:56 PM
True but,,the internet has simply allowed people to express their feelings. Feelings they have had for a long while. It`s slow but people are getting it.
You folks have got to get serious about automatic weapons,,it`s that simple.
Nov 07, 2017, 03:22 PM
For the WaPo the article seems fair, I expected the typical hit piece on evil guns. Notice that none of the gun violence has been by a member of the NRA.
Nov 07, 2017, 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Depronicus
Trump supporters say they admire that behavior. Do they see themselves in it? Does his behavior make theirs seem acceptable?
Just Trump Supporters??????

Look at all these celebrity tweets against Trump and his "supporters" and how juvenile these are. Even worse, Representatives from both parties swearing at not just each other, but purposely direct disrespect at the people who vote opposite their party. How can we try to act upon legislation to deal with people who turn into psyco mass killers when our entire political leadership and media all act like seventh graders?

We have let the insane run the asylum, the kids are in charge of the classroom. The ones who are getting hurt are those who are accepting that our society is broken and everyone has equal blame and everyone needs to equally support the remedies to fix it.
Nov 07, 2017, 04:42 PM
It's ok to be white.
Another worthless article.
Nov 07, 2017, 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCWorks

Another worthless article.
What's wrong with it?
Nov 07, 2017, 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Depronicus
What's wrong with it?
He never read it.
Nov 07, 2017, 05:39 PM
I have to say I was a bit surprised when I read the article. I wish we could spend a fraction of the energy that we currently spend arguing about guns, on trying to solve the different issues that the article identifies as worth solving. We spend so much time and energy on whether people should have guns with a particular color or shape of handle. If we spent that energy on trying to solve one of the three issues pointed out in the article, we might accomplish something. Even if it only saves one life...

I also wonder, why are we only concerned when a gun is involved? The article pointed out that suicide is the largest group. But instead of trying to solve the suicide by gun problem... why not solve the suicide problem? Instead of trying to solve the gang member gun violence problem, why not solve the gang member violence problem? Instead of trying to solve the abusive spouse gun problem, why not solve the abusive spouse problem?

Over all, great article, making some great points.
Nov 07, 2017, 05:41 PM
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere
I read it before. It's a very interesting article.