Help needed. Suitable DSMX 5v receiver with SBUS? - RC Groups
Nov 07, 2017, 04:53 AM
Discussion

Help needed. Suitable DSMX 5v receiver with SBUS?

Hi all,

I've purchased a quad with the Sunrise Cicada F4 AIO. The fact is that it does have for the receiver a SBUS port with 5v out.
I'm stuck with DSMX due to having a DX9 radio and more 15 quads with DSMX receivers.

What would be then the receiver options bearing in mind I would like to have
- Sbus
- DSMX
- Diversity antenna
- 5v capable receiver

Please shed some light!
to remove ads between posts
Nov 07, 2017, 04:55 AM
If you already have 15 quads on Spektrum i'd assume you already know about the 4649T?
Nov 07, 2017, 05:30 AM
Nope... I don't . I've used in most of them Lemon's.
Would that one cover all needs per above? is it full diversity with two antennas?
Nov 07, 2017, 05:32 AM
It has diversity and telemetry.
Nov 07, 2017, 05:37 AM
Yes Sir, full diversity, telemetry (if the FC supports Spektrum telemetry) but you still get a lead to solder to the battery connection for flight pack voltage to your tx. Also has RSSI now.

You can solder it to a sbus pad as long as you can set that uart to Spektrum serial in Betaflight etc, i think you can do this pretty much on all FC now.
Nov 07, 2017, 05:39 AM
DSMX Quad Race Serial Receiver
Nov 07, 2017, 07:32 AM
Typically you will need a TX pin on the FC to connect the 4649T in order to get telemetry. For example TX06 which is available on this FC. And you will probably also get used capacity since the AIO also has a shunt for current measurement.

Get yourself a 4649T. Maybe a little bit longer antenna whiskers, but not necessarily.
Nov 07, 2017, 09:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mukenukem
Typically you will need a TX pin on the FC to connect the 4649T in order to get telemetry. For example TX06 which is available on this FC. And you will probably also get used capacity since the AIO also has a shunt for current measurement.

Get yourself a 4649T. Maybe a little bit longer antenna whiskers, but not necessarily.
Sorry Mukenukem but no understanding your comment. The layout of the the Cicada is this one...

I was going to solder the 4649T wires to the SBUs pad (orange box in the picture)
What else do I need to solder or connect to have telemetry on the DX9?
Nov 07, 2017, 09:26 AM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_am_mark_evans
If you already have 15 quads on Spektrum i'd assume you already know about the 4649T?
Which doesn't do SBus (it only does SRXL or Spektrum Remote Receiver Protocol)

Only options for SBus and DSMX are 3rd party receivers from OrangeRX or maybe LemonRX (not sure if Lemon offers SBus)
Nov 07, 2017, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mawz
Which doesn't do SBus (it only does SRXL or Spektrum Remote Receiver Protocol)

Only options for SBus and DSMX are 3rd party receivers from OrangeRX or maybe LemonRX (not sure if Lemon offers SBus)
Mawz, can you please reconfirm that? I though 4649T did effectively work with Sbus and was then compatible.
Nov 07, 2017, 10:19 AM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swissete
Mawz, can you please reconfirm that? I though 4649T did effectively work with Sbus and was then compatible.
No, it does not support the SBus protocol.

If your FC supports SRXL or Spetktrum Remote Receiver Protocols, it will work. In that case you would normally wire it into the port labelled SBus, but it will NOT be actually using the SBus protocol. The Sbus port on the FC is simply a UART that can be used with multiple protocols depending on what firmware you are using.
Nov 07, 2017, 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mawz
No, it does not support the SBus protocol.

If your FC supports SRXL or Spetktrum Remote Receiver Protocols, it will work. In that case you would normally wire it into the port labelled SBus, but it will NOT be actually using the SBus protocol. The Sbus port on the FC is simply a UART that can be used with multiple protocols depending on what firmware you are using.
Hope somebody can help me understand if the FC I purchased will work then with the 4649T.
It is the Sunrise Cicada F4 AIO and it shows it is a Sbus/PPM compatible with 5v.

Help pls!!! I'm lost on this one and may terms sound too technical for me.
Nov 07, 2017, 02:13 PM
I couldn't find a manual for your board/software.

The software is a huge part of what will determine if it supports the Spektrum Remote Receiver Protocol (sometimes misnamed "Speksat").

Andy
Nov 07, 2017, 03:13 PM
I couldn't find it either. What I can only say is that in Betaflight it looks to be using the Omnibus F4.
It is a pitty because I have plenty of different drones and all them on DSMX with my beloved DX9
Last edited by Swissete; Nov 07, 2017 at 03:32 PM.
Nov 08, 2017, 01:48 AM
Anybody can help on this please? I wanted the 4649T receiver but if being so dificult to understand if compatible then any spektrum compatible one with diversity is fine!!

Which one should I buy?