New to FPV drones, Any tips on shopping list? - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Nov 07, 2017, 01:33 AM
Build Log

New to FPV drones, Any tips on shopping list?

Hey guys new to this and was going to buy this list of items tomorrow as my first set up, Anything tips? maybe i've missed something i need?

Shopping list: https://i.imgur.com/X49P05u.png
+ drone that will be a: Eachine Wizard X220 ARF FPV, 5.8G 48CH

Looking good so far? Thanks
to remove ads between posts
Nov 07, 2017, 06:30 AM
Looks, good. Might be worth considering a better charger from the get-go, for example (prices are better in the sales, although you need an AC adapter too).

You could also get a patch or triple feed antenna rather than two omnis for the goggles.

Other than that, spares (arms, ESCs, etc.) are always good to have!

Oh yeah, a simulator cable to use with Freerider (or whatever) will let you practice some tricks before trying with your quad. :-)
Nov 09, 2017, 03:15 AM
ultra cheap pilot
Add small 1080 HD camera to the list eg: Mobius or Runcam HD to preview your beautiful footage on TV instead of recorded via DVR so you'll having something fun to upload to youtube. If you do don't forget to put camera vibration damper.
Nov 09, 2017, 05:10 AM
fly by night
could start learning to fly with a simpler fpv system. Banggood sells a couple complete RTF FPV starter kits, quad, goggles and transmitter for like $65 and $90 now. these are much smaller and tougher than a 5" quad.

gets you flying with less setup hassles. then you can learn more and decide what you really want to invest in later.
Nov 09, 2017, 07:05 AM
prefer the Flysky FS-i6S instead of the Flysky FS i6 which is more robust and 10 channel ready

And with the FS-i6S you dont need a simulator cable. Just a standard USB .