Tamjets Turbine Pipe Dimensions for a Y/A F-18 Single????? - RC Groups
Nov 06, 2017, 11:59 PM
Help!

Tamjets Turbine Pipe Dimensions for a Y/A F-18 Single?????

DOES ANYONE KNOW THE DIMENSIONS OF THE TAMS TURBINE PIPE FOR A Y/A F-18 SINGLE?????????I just bought a Y/A F-18 SINGLE and will be converting to a turbine. I know TamJets makes a turbine pipe but I didn't see anywhere the dimensions. Does anyone know if this will work for my jet? The dimensions of the pipe in the link below are ROUGHLY 24" in length, and EXACTLY 7"3/4 on both exhaust outlets. I will update in the AM the exact length when the seller sends it to me. PS My Jet is in transit or this would be much easier.
Any information is Appreciated!
Branden

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...dual-tail-pipe
Last edited by That_JetGuy325; Nov 08, 2017 at 03:19 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 08, 2017, 03:19 PM
Bump
Nov 08, 2017, 09:28 PM
Recommend you stay away from Tam. You won't get the product you ordered and paid for. He has told people he is out of the RC business but the website is still up. It's a damn shame on several fronts, but it is what it is.

May want to see if Global Jet Club, Dreamworks can help you. Best bet is to get it from one of the chinese ARF manufacturers.
Nov 08, 2017, 10:02 PM
I had the Skymaster F-18C and I have the 18F, no way the Skymaster pipe will fit the 1/10 scale Yellow F-18. A friend had the small Yellow F-18 so I know how small it is, only 67" long, compared to the 86" Skymaster F-18C. Good luck finding a pipe though.

If scale is not a huge issue, you could run a straight pipe out the back between the two scale nozzles, I've seen this done and it is hard to see if you do it right.
Nov 08, 2017, 11:20 PM
If you still need the measurement and can wait until Sunday, I can measure my Tam pipe made for a y/a F-18 single. I have one of the few ARF F-18 single made, that I bought years ago off another guy unflown that came with a new Tam pipe. I just have too many other jets and projects and will most likely be listing it soon anyways.

Regards,
Steve
Nov 09, 2017, 12:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rc jet flyer
If you still need the measurement and can wait until Sunday, I can measure my Tam pipe made for a y/a F-18 single. I have one of the few ARF F-18 single made, that I bought years ago off another guy unflown that came with a new Tam pipe. I just have too many other jets and projects and will most likely be listing it soon anyways.

Regards,
Steve
That would be great! I'm trying not to run a straight pipe. Although speed would increase, I prefer scale.
Nov 09, 2017, 12:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by autodidact
Recommend you stay away from Tam. You won't get the product you ordered and paid for. He has told people he is out of the RC business but the website is still up. It's a damn shame on several fronts, but it is what it is.

May want to see if Global Jet Club, Dreamworks can help you. Best bet is to get it from one of the chinese ARF manufacturers.
Thank you for the heads up, I'll definitly steer clear of Tam.