Official 2017 Park Flyer Freestyle Video Competition Thread - RC Groups
Nov 06, 2017, 09:20 PM
Fly Low
Discussion

Official 2017 Park Flyer Freestyle Video Competition Thread

I got some great news for all you 3D pilots out there trying to show your skills.
Mark CzechAlien and I have been working together to bring back a new competition that anyone can enter!

The main goal is fun, but we also want to see some people throw down and try to win some prizes! This is going to be a video entry freestyle competition. We are gonna call it the Park Flyer Freestyle competition!

Here is the criteria/rules:
JUDGING CRITERIA

40% Choreography, timing and execution to music
25% Precision and difficulty of program
20% Level of risk (flying low, dodging obstacles, daring maneuvers)
15% Originality
All freestyle submissions must be posted by January 15th, this will be the last day for entry!

RULES
FUN FUN FUN that's the #1 rule.

Here's the rest:
Contestants should fly an aerobatic freestyle routine synchronized to their music of choice.

The video should be made after October 1st 2017 and not entered into another event or demo. (This means your routine must have been made for this competition, no recycling!)

Flights must be outdoors.

Entries may be uploaded to any video sharing website, but must be linked to this thread or accompanying Facebook page. (Keep in mind some video sharing websites will take videos with music down for copyright issues) Recommended sites are youtube and vimeo and facebook.

Plane restrictions:
Must be a fixed winged electric airplane.

Any model with a wingspan of 64Ē and under can be used.

No model may use a battery larger than one 6s 4000mah pack.

A clear "start of music" must be heard in the provided music to time the performance. (No long intros)
Flights must be between 2:00 and 4:00 minutes.

Landings and takeoffs are not necessary.

Judging begins when the music begins.

There can be no edits or cuts in the judged part of the video. If any evidence of edits is found the flight is null and will not be considered.

No post production effects other than introductory and conclusion titling can be made with one exception -- music can be mixed in later to ensure high fidelity in the final video.

Please identify yourself at the beginning of your video with name/username.

Any breaking of these rules will result in a zero score!

******* Prizes to be announced as they roll in. Trust me though they are EXTREME ***********

This is running also on the HOW TO 3D Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1842068629386628/

LETS GOOO

PRIZES:

Twisted Hobbys CRACK YACK!
Last edited by wamsy55; Nov 16, 2017 at 09:16 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 06, 2017, 09:23 PM
Fly Low
Reserved
Latest blog entry: 3D Tutorial Streams: Poptops
Nov 07, 2017, 12:39 AM
Goes to eleven!
I'm subscribed!

Thanks for getting this going Wamsy!

Joe
Nov 07, 2017, 07:44 AM
They Call him Dead!
Deadline?
Nov 07, 2017, 07:48 AM
TEAM HILLBILLY
bring the chaos
Nov 07, 2017, 11:19 AM
ChrisG does 3D!
I'll try to upload a video, sounds cool. Certainly subbed at least.
Nov 08, 2017, 09:24 PM
Flying Low
I’m in. I suck but I’m in because it will be fun and I’m pretty sure fun is a major requirement.
Nov 08, 2017, 09:38 PM
Fly Low
Awesome!

Fun is the #1 goal for sure!
Nov 08, 2017, 10:22 PM
Flying Low
Quote:
Originally Posted by wamsy55
Awesome!

Fun is the #1 goal for sure!

Iím saying at best I will score a 20% as I do like to fly low and around lots of stuff. Flying to music though I will fail horribly at but Iím gonna try.

This will be my entry as itís the only Electric plane I have currently that is a 3D bird.
Nov 08, 2017, 11:53 PM
ChrisG does 3D!
It's cute. I'm gonna use my 39 inch Crack Yak. Just need no wind and a camera operator now...
Nov 09, 2017, 08:50 AM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Fly multiple takes till you get the routine right then submit that footage.
Nov 09, 2017, 09:05 AM
Flying Low
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCvehicleGuy
It's cute. I'm gonna use my 39 inch Crack Yak. Just need no wind and a camera operator now...
Thanks. Its a 35" span. Short kit was cut off of a probro's plans and was a Slick 360 but as you can see I took creative liberties and bashed it into a Cap232. little thing fly's awesome. Take it with me to school normally and get a few flights in in the parking lot or around all the trees. I think every control surface has had the tips ground off at this point dragging them across the pavement.
Nov 09, 2017, 11:20 AM
They Call him Dead!
Deadline?
Nov 09, 2017, 11:56 AM
Fly Low
Jan 15th!
Nov 09, 2017, 07:05 PM
Registered Foam Abuser
So what site will not remove your video if you use copyrighted music?