What to do with Blade CP Pro 2? - RC Groups
Nov 06, 2017, 08:23 PM
Discussion

What to do with Blade CP Pro 2?

hey all, I recently picked up a battered Blade CP Pro 2 for very cheap, not really knowing that they are discontinued and parts are hard to find. I was told it worked and was in good shape, I made the mistake of not looking at it before I bought it. Anyway, it really just needs the main frame and a battery, anyone know if they are available anywhere? should I just cut my losses and toss it? The battery is a little puffed, so that why it is bad.

Just looking for opinions on spending any money to get it up and flying, or to just move on? Thanks,
to remove ads between posts
Nov 07, 2017, 11:21 AM
hi theres a spot on speed control were if its arcing inside should be able to see that.dont need to kill a new bat that way.frame comes whith boom and think also tail moter mount set is less than fifteen bucks.install boom whith just lil silicone, same whith skids.ebay store that carried everything for these ,seems to have dropped these ,so need to locate a few parts myself
Nov 07, 2017, 08:07 PM
This was a terrible heli and should be consigned to the flames. Well, not literally.
Nov 08, 2017, 12:03 PM
e-bay store gonitro hobbies,has main frame at 4.50 +sh also set whith boom bit more cash.
main frame is same on blade cp up to pro two difference in the sets is only the tail moter mount
Nov 09, 2017, 06:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdugas
e-bay store gonitro hobbies,has main frame at 4.50 +sh also set whith boom bit more cash.
main frame is same on blade cp up to pro two difference in the sets is only the tail moter mount
Thanks, I had a tough time finding anyplace with parts. I will check them out.
Nov 09, 2017, 06:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nybbler
This was a terrible heli and should be consigned to the flames. Well, not literally.
Was it truly a horrible heli? If so, I can get out now, I have next to nothing in to it. Or should I spend the $20 to get it up and flying? I guess that is the original question anyway.
Nov 17, 2017, 06:58 PM
My other addiction!
If you are an experienced flyer and want to fix it up for nostalgic reasons, then I'd say go for it. If you don't have any, or much, heli experience, they are not a good heli on which to learn. Low head speed and marginal tail authority make them hard to fly and quick to crash. There are lots easier helis to learn on these days.
Nov 17, 2017, 07:19 PM
Thanks, I do have a Honeybee FP that I learned to fly on. So I would say I am an advanced beginner. I did buy a couple parts for it, enough that it should be flyable if all the electronics work, and I have less than about $40 in to it total, so if it doesn't work, or it is total junk, no huge loss.