can anyone identify this motor? - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Nov 06, 2017, 05:58 PM
Discussion

can anyone identify this motor?

it has no marking or numbers . I was hoping someone could spot it and give me some info .
possibly fms ?
to remove ads between posts
Nov 07, 2017, 12:36 AM
maybe a T turnigy.
Nov 07, 2017, 07:27 AM
cool thanks . would there be any marking inside once pulled apart ? like kv? I want to try it in my 1400mm corsair
Nov 07, 2017, 06:38 PM
Is necessary to test and read.
Probando un Motor. No load. (0 min 43 sec)
Nov 13, 2017, 06:12 PM
homo ludens modellisticus
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug14
Would there be any marking inside once pulled apart ? Like Kv? ...
No markings inside motors.
Conservative rule of thumb for motor power: 3watt/gram.

Four simple methods for determining Kv
www.bavaria-direct.co.za
→ motor constants

Vriendelijke groeten Ron
Nov 14, 2017, 08:56 AM
Jack
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug14
cool thanks . would there be any marking inside once pulled apart ? like kv? I want to try it in my 1400mm corsair
The weight of the motor and the Kv from a no load test will pretty much tell you all you need to know about a motor. And if you are working with a found/used motor the no load test will usually verify that it is in running condition.

If you don't have a watt meter yet you can use a DMM and run the motor up two times, measure the voltage on one and the current draw on the second and then Volts x Amps = Watts.

And you can get a DMM for free from Harbor Freight this week if you sign up to get their flyers by mail. They have a bunch of sales and flyers with free things on them, one current one is good for a free DMM!

Jack