Octo Rotor X Build - RC Groups
Nov 06, 2017, 05:48 PM
Discussion

Octo Rotor X Build

trying to build a Octo Rotor X and having an issue of which way the props should spin

some say that the top rotors should all spin CCW and all the bottoms should spin CW

I tried this method and it would lot lift

others say that if the top motor is CW then the bottom motor should be CCW and visa versa

any feedback would be greatly appreciate
to remove ads between posts
Nov 06, 2017, 09:17 PM
What flight controller are you using?
Nov 07, 2017, 10:43 AM
I am useing a naza m v2

according to the motor test I have all motors turning the correct way

all the tops are CCW rotations and all the bottoms are CW rotation

all the 8 props are of the same pitch and make which concerns me

I use dji props and all 8 of them have the silver cap for this build

on my other quads again I use dji props there is a combination of props that have the silver and black caps

I would have thought in this build it would be of all different combinations of prop types or pitch

I can not get the quad to lift is the problem
Nov 07, 2017, 05:06 PM
NAZA setup diagram shows top props turning CCW and bottom ones CW. Also be aware that the bottom set of props should be inverted with respect to the motors. The bottom props must be CW props. You cannot use the DJI props with built in nuts because they must be mounted inverted on the motor and the thread is wrong. The bottom motors must have a right hand thread to be self tightening. Easiest way to do this is to use props with a through hole (no threads) and use nylock nuts to hold them on the motor shaft. Some insist that the lower set of props should have a smaller diameter and a steeper pitch for best efficiency.
https://static.rcgroups.net/forums/a...1-Untitled.jpg
Last edited by syotr; Nov 07, 2017 at 06:05 PM.
Nov 08, 2017, 08:35 AM
so is it safe to say that I can use the props with the self tightening nuts for the top then
Nov 08, 2017, 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucke
so is it safe to say that I can use the props with the self tightening nuts for the top then
Yes. I built a coaxial Y6 and was able to use 3DR Iris props. The nut is not molded in but pressed in with two pins. They can be flipped over or swapped with the opposite rotating props.