Nov 06, 2017, 03:05 PM
Discussion

Brushless Gimbal motor as drive-motor... help needed... Thank you!

Hello,

I am new in the forum and hope you guys can give me some advice.

I am building a railsystem for a camera-slider so it is super frictionless (POM-wheels/ball bearings on aluminium rail-system). Approximately 300g+600g camera.

I want to use a brushless gimbal motor for driving motor back and forth a few meters (long rail system) as they seem to be of high torque, smooth regulation and flat pancake-design also helps me in my design.

I want to have about 2m in roughly 2-3 seconds but also being able to do timelapse and super slow controlled jitterfree movements... Of course I need a rubber-"tire" for good traction and a counterwheel to keep pressure on the tire steady for enough friction...

which kind of motor would you suggest, and if you could point me towards a complete electric setup that is cheap but effective or even assist me in wiring / programming etc. it would be highly appreciated! If there is somebody out here who can be of real assistance - I have a CNC-machine and could machine parts for you in return (you pay material - I do the machining for you according to your drawings). I would love to have a remote-controlled system where I can set direction/start/stop and speed and acceleration ramp/rate...

Thank you guys so much,
Kevin from Germany
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply