Nov 10, 2017, 08:44 PM
VTPR & Slope Aerobatics
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptDH
I was the guy who actually landed it in a big pile of dog #$%@.......Someone said "that's where it belongs"
That's funny, and not that uncommon: the Ninja comes in for a lot of criticism, almost in equal measure to praise. In terms of flight performance, it's really not that bad for what it is, though in the context of the late 80s and early 90s when "going fast" became really trendy, I can see where people felt it didn't measure up.

But as an aerobat? It still flies really well, in my opinion. Not at the same level as a more modern, dedicated slope aerobatics glider, but quite good. And super simple - no complicated mixing, just aileron, elevator and rudder. It flies as well as you can, pretty much, and the inverted performance was surprisingly a lot better than one might imagine considering it's an E374 and doesn't (by default) have flaperons.

Anyways, I certainly don't think my Ninja belongs in a pile of poop. It's a fun plane!
to remove ads between posts
Nov 12, 2017, 02:15 AM
VTPR & Slope Aerobatics
Thread OP

My third (!) Ninja

This will be my third Ninja, though technically, it will be my first true Ninja, as my original was a Hobby Shack clone, and my current plane - bought secondhand - is a mix of a clone wing and original fuselage.

And it will be my first build-up-from-the-kit Ninja. I'm going to do it in the factory scheme. Can't wait, actually really stoked to build this thing.
Nov 12, 2017, 08:30 AM
And Repairs
It’s really cool that you’re excited about the old school plane. Now don’t be listening to Van Halen and watching Miami Vice re-runs when you build it.

On some thread I think you mentioned that your son was getting into sloping. That's a real accomplishment — it’s hard to impress kids these days since they have so many entertainment options. Any chance he’ll have an interest in helping with the build? If not, maybe just show him a few of the steps. And show him who the Karate Kid was while you’re at it.
Nov 12, 2017, 10:26 AM
VTPR & Slope Aerobatics
Thread OP
Both my kids are interested in RC. The older boy is more drawn to flying, and the younger boy to building. They have plenty of other interests, too - they like tabletop games, skateboarding, bicycle riding, etc - but RC is definitely something they've always been around and have been encouraged to participate in.

So anyways, yeah! Miami Vice reruns sounds like they'd be perfect

Quick Reply