Help connecting my bfight 210 to a Turnigy 9x - RC Groups
Nov 05, 2017, 11:47 PM
Discussion

Help connecting my bfight 210 to a Turnigy 9x

Hi everybody - noob questions here: I'm trying to connect my bfight 210 to my Turnigy 9x - I've never flown a quadcopter before and am brand new at this. This post has been incredibly helpful in letting me understand how to connect the two:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...t=bfight%20210

But one problem - I have a Turnigy 9x radio instead I'm trying to connect it to. A few questions: Are there PPM mini receivers for the Turnigy 9X that I can buy? I'm not seeing anything through google. The description in the thread above makes it pretty clear about where to solder in the wires for a mini receiver.

I've also got one of these lying around, but am unsure of how to connect it with my flight controller: https://hobbyking.com/en_us/hobby-ki...er-6ch-v2.html
Is there a certain connector/wires I need to connect this with my flight controller?

Thanks in advance for any help!
to remove ads between posts
Nov 08, 2017, 01:07 AM
If you're using the stock transmitter module in the back of the 9X, then it won't work with a PPM receiver. You'll either have to use a PWM receiver, which that HK one is, or remove the Turnigy module (see youtube vids), and swap in a different Tx module.

That BFight 210 looks pretty short on space, so good luck with fitting a PWM receiver in there.
Nov 08, 2017, 12:47 PM
FA3PR9WM79
If you use a PWM to PPM encoder you could kludge in a PWM receiver, but like was mentioned previously you would run into space issues with that aircraft.

If I was doing this, I'd buy a FrSky XJT TX module and a FrSky XM+ receiver.

With that said, when you setup the radio, make sure you create a new model with an AIRPLANE profile. No heli swash plate stuff at all...
Nov 08, 2017, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldgazer
If you use a PWM to PPM encoder you could kludge in a PWM receiver, but like was mentioned previously you would run into space issues with that aircraft.

If I was doing this, I'd buy a FrSky XJT TX module and a FrSky XM+ receiver.

With that said, when you setup the radio, make sure you create a new model with an AIRPLANE profile. No heli swash plate stuff at all...
Even a DJT would help. At least then, OP could use a PPM receiver with failsafe and decase the receiver for more room, but even then it's only 2014-ish or so which is an ice age in multirotor years.