FrSky upcoming receivers - RX8R Pro, R9 Pilot, R9S & R9 Slim - RC Groups
Nov 05, 2017, 08:14 PM
FrSky-MKT
New Product

FrSky upcoming receivers - RX8R Pro, R9 Pilot, R9S & R9 Slim

Hello Gentlemen,
FrSky upcoming receivers: RX8R Pro, R9 Pilot, R9S & R9 Slim!

Please leave your comments and suggestions here if you are interested or have any thought to these products. We sincerely appreciate your help to make the product perfect.

If you wanna get more details and the information of the relevant event, please contact me directly.

RX8R Pro Overview
  • Support redundancy function (via SBUS In Port)
  • Low latency and higher precision PWM outputs (8 channels)
  • SBUS Out port and support inverted signal via software
  • Smart Port (S.Port)
  • Increase the performance in a strong interference environment
  • Extra UART port
  • Support analog RSSI

R9 Pilot Overview
  • Long range
  • SBUS Out port
  • Smart Port (S.Port)
  • 10 PWM outputs
  • OSD port
  • Built-in F7 FC with 6-axis sensor module
  • Extendable 6-axis sensor module
  • Support Return-to- Home (RTH) function (via GPS Port)
  • Buzzer port
  • LED strip ports
  • USB interface
  • SPI interface
  • 2 extra UART ports
  • Built-in BEC with intelligent power management

R9S Overview
  • Support stabilization, automatic level, hover and Knife-edge flight modes
  • Long range (Up to 10 km or above)
  • SBUS Out port
  • Smart Port (S.Port)
  • Standard 8 PWM outputs
  • RSSI port
  • UART port

R9 Slim Overview
  • Dimension: 35.4*13mm (L*W)
  • Weight: 2.2g
  • Long range
  • SBUS Out port
  • Smart Port (S.Port)
  • 6 PWM outputs all-in-1 plug
  • RSSI port
  • UART port

R9 Series receivers comparison
Last edited by AndreaHuang; Nov 05, 2017 at 11:51 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 06, 2017, 02:27 AM
Damn.... i think it is now time to buy a R9 system
Nov 06, 2017, 02:43 AM
Hello all,

they support now telemtetry? Great, I've just found my new Receiver for my Flagship

Great!

Edit: 900 MHz not allowed in Switzerland for R/C-Planes -> So no Way...

Florian
Last edited by madmao; Nov 06, 2017 at 02:54 AM. Reason: Laws...
Nov 06, 2017, 04:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmao
Hello all,

they support now telemtetry? Great, I've just found my new Receiver for my Flagship

Great!

Edit: 900 MHz not allowed in Switzerland for R/C-Planes -> So no Way...

Florian
Supports 868 also
Nov 06, 2017, 04:08 AM
This sounds great!
Nov 06, 2017, 04:17 AM
Will the built in BEC have any redundancy?

Thx in advance
Nov 06, 2017, 04:42 AM
@Tadango: Where did you find that? It is not stated on the page nor in the manual..
Nov 06, 2017, 05:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmao
@Tadango: Where did you find that? It is not stated on the page nor in the manual..
Different places on the Forum. Maybe the firmware is not ready, but it already seem to work An official statement would be nice including manual update....

The main indication is the FCC and EU-LBT firmware.
Nov 06, 2017, 07:17 AM
AKA 8178 - MIke Dailey
Great to see FrSky creating so many new 900mhz and 2.4 gig receiver options.

Mike
Nov 06, 2017, 08:43 AM
mostly gliders
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet_Flyer
Great to see FrSky creating so many new 900mhz and 2.4 gig receiver options.

Mike
Agree with you, but at the same time think they should complete some of their previous products before opening to many new projects. For example, the new X10, receivers with perhaps too short antennas, inadequate manuals, and more. Do not really want to criticize them too much because it does not give much, but feel I have to be sincere. Had previously owned Taranis X9D and X9E, but did not like them, for different reasons so I sold them. Had hoped that FrSky had improved in several areas but I still see it is bad with the e.g. manuals as before.
But I'm not giving up because I've ordered an X10S and several of the new recieivers. Looking forward to testing again ...

/Ville
Last edited by liukku; Nov 06, 2017 at 09:43 AM. Reason: adding info!
Nov 06, 2017, 09:50 AM
FJH
FJH
Please make the R9 Slim and R9M switchable for telemetry off, so it can be used without any problems as redundant signal backup system in the external Tx slot together with the internal XJT Tx module and X-receiver in telemetry mode.

It would also be a very good feature if the R9 Slim could be integrated in a telemetry Smartport sensor chain of an X-receiver and behave like a sensor feeding the R9 Slim RSSI value.
Last edited by FJH; Nov 06, 2017 at 12:16 PM.
Nov 06, 2017, 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FJH
It would also be a very good feature if the R9 Slim could be integrated in a telemetry Smartport sensor chain of an X-receiver and behave like a sensor feeding the R9 Slim RSSI value.
Definitely useful for us in the EU with only 10mW available.... Analog output could be used with a simple voltage sensor though....
Nov 06, 2017, 10:50 AM
Carbo (-nator) ;-)
With OpenTX2.2.1(nightly) you can already switch R9M telemetry on and off. Two SPort busmaster modules do not work simultaneously. If FrSky introduces a configurable SPort busclient mode for R9M (with XJT beeing busmaster), we could use two telemetry streams independently on 2.4GHz and 900MHz. Only the sensor ids have to be different. Even a redundant telemetry is possible then.

Edit: But R9M has to jump in as busmaster, if XJT looses connection, presumably this is possible in R9M firmware.
Last edited by Allerhopp; Nov 06, 2017 at 10:56 AM.
Nov 06, 2017, 12:37 PM
FJH
FJH
The announcement of an RX8R Pro receiver with performance increase in a strong interference environment is a very good step towards more reliable use in big planes with fuel operated motors and the risk of having signal receipt disturbing ignition noise.

If you really target at the fuel operated big plane market, it would make also sense to implement such improved feature in an XSR Pro and an XMplus Pro which are an optimal combination for use in an RB/RB10 setup for fuel operated big planes. So please make your technical management understand and hopefully come up with according Pro versions of the XSR and XMplus.
Nov 06, 2017, 03:03 PM
☝🏻👌🏻