Drone Crashes into crowd injuring 6 people and CHILDREN! - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Nov 05, 2017, 03:50 PM
MAAC SAVED RC!!
Alert

Drone Crashes into crowd injuring 6 people and CHILDREN!

This was posted on the WEATHER NETWORK today
https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca.../5636122205001
to remove ads between posts
Nov 05, 2017, 04:02 PM
Gene Simmons for President
That was in Japan, has nothing to do with the US or the FAA.
Nov 05, 2017, 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourtech
That was in Japan, has nothing to do with the US or the FAA.
Don't worry, with our "ban everything we can" gov't, they'll make it have something to do with the US.
Nov 05, 2017, 04:08 PM
MAAC SAVED RC!!
Are only US people Human??
Nov 05, 2017, 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vettster
Are only US people Human??
Sadly around here a drone could kill thousands and probably tons more, and there are some here who would still come up with some kind of excuse to say it doesn't matter and I still get to do what I want with my drone.
Nov 05, 2017, 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiArf
Don't worry, with our "ban everything we can" gov't, they'll make it have something to do with the US.
What exactly has been banned here lately?
Nov 05, 2017, 05:09 PM
I miss President Reagan
Not jumping to conclusions are we?
Nov 05, 2017, 06:43 PM
What does this button do?
Quote:
Originally Posted by WBFAir
Sadly around here a drone could kill thousands and probably tons more, and there are some here who would still come up with some kind of excuse to say it doesn't matter and I still get to do what I want with my drone.
Wow. You just continue to peddle your extreme broad-strokes fantasies don't you? I'm truly feelin' it for you for your frightening level of delusion.
Nov 05, 2017, 09:09 PM
"Minor injuries" ... "such as scratches on foreheads and shoulders".

How awful. Serious business indeed...
Nov 05, 2017, 10:28 PM
I miss President Reagan
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark.mcclelland
"Minor injuries" ... "such as scratches on foreheads and shoulders".

How awful. Serious business indeed...
You know, the thing with the "they're harmless" crowd is they have to be right every time there's something like this involving drones.

While the Doom Sayer types need to be right only once.
Nov 06, 2017, 05:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by z10user
Wow. You just continue to peddle your extreme broad-strokes fantasies don't you? I'm truly feelin' it for you for your frightening level of delusion.
Wow....you could not have proved my point any better.
Nov 06, 2017, 06:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiArf
Trying to think of things the government has banned lately... DDT? Leaded gas? Not very recent, and really, a good idea... Hmm.....

It's a lot easier for me to think of things they should, but haven't, banned.
Nov 06, 2017, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atreis
Trying to think of things the government has banned lately... DDT? Leaded gas? Not very recent, and really, a good idea... Hmm.....

It's a lot easier for me to think of things they should, but haven't, banned.
DDT maybe should come back. It is used all over the world without nearly the bad impact that it was supposedly banned for. Limited use perhaps. My grandfather said farming was never as productive after DDT was banned and never seemed to impact the golden and bald eagles near him.

Leaded gas is a problem lots of old mechanics with lead poison issues.
Nov 06, 2017, 03:55 PM
I miss President Reagan
Bald Eagle population.
From less than 700 breeding pairs in 1972, the year DDT was banned. To more than 14,000 in 2014.

Today there are some 70,000 breeding pairs world wide.

The Golden Eagle and other endangered birds have seen a similar come back.
Nov 06, 2017, 04:31 PM
Baboon McGoon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport_Pilot
DDT maybe should come back. It is used all over the world without nearly the bad impact that it was supposedly banned for. Limited use perhaps. My grandfather said farming was never as productive after DDT was banned and never seemed to impact the golden and bald eagles near him.

Leaded gas is a problem lots of old mechanics with lead poison issues.
Every wild bird that lays an egg (as far as I know all of them). is adversely affected by organochlorine pesticides like DDT, DDE and dieldrin, Just because they use it overseas and we (shamefully export it), does not detract from the fact that these pesticides interfere with calcium metabolism and egg shell production and that these chemicals cause harm abroad just as they do here. Lead poisoning mostly affects young children and leads to nerve damage and developmental disabilities (hence the ban of lead-based paints). With all due respect to your grandfather, he was talking out of his hat. Self-interest leads to many false claims. How do I know? My academic background is in biology and biochemistry and worked for a state wildlife management agency for over 7 years. I am now an attorney who deals in toxic torts representing a major corporation so I am not a ga-ga environmentalist. Facts are just facts.