LOST alarm - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Nov 05, 2017, 03:11 PM
Discussion

LOST alarm

I want to purchase, create or inherent an alarm that will sound with inactivity. Even if it disconnects from the receiver i.e. a crash and the battery ejects from the plane.

It would even be better if it incorperated a low voltage sensor too. I have one but if it disconnects from the receiver it stops it's alert.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 05, 2017, 03:31 PM
Sokol
if you have one alarm board already, you may add a two diode battery isolator, and add an extra battery for the alarm board.
Nov 06, 2017, 08:40 AM
Jack
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchenman
I want to purchase, create or inherent an alarm that will sound with inactivity. Even if it disconnects from the receiver i.e. a crash and the battery ejects from the plane.

It would even be better if it incorperated a low voltage sensor too. I have one but if it disconnects from the receiver it stops it's alert.
Put this one in series with one of your servos and it will start sounding off when the servo has been inactive for one minute. I worked for me very nicely in the heavy woods here in Maine...

https://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-S...s-p-66590.html

Jack
Nov 06, 2017, 10:30 PM
Non Fragosus
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackerbes
Put this one in series with one of your servos and it will start sounding off when the servo has been inactive for one minute. I worked for me very nicely in the heavy woods here in Maine...

https://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-S...s-p-66590.html

Jack
I've got those in all my planes and they have saved me, but - they don;'t meet the requirements of still going off when then battery ejects. Have to have a spearate battery to do that but then have to plug it into the RX or the alarm won't sound.

Jack
Nov 07, 2017, 08:36 AM
Jack
Then isolate the power leads (the two outer leads, black is - the other is +) for the servo that is being used and provide it with a separate battery other than the primary battery. Connect only the signal lead to the RX.

And you will have to also power up that servo when you power up the motor. As long as there is a continuous voltage (5V or 6V) on the servo and alarm it will do the same things as described.

Jack
Nov 07, 2017, 10:24 AM
pull up -- PULL UP!!!
Need to provide a common ground wire too. The signal needs two wires.

I had a buddy build me a simple battery timer. I would send it up with the plane and at time expiration the alarm would sound. I would simply set the time long enough that the flight would be over and I could turn it off before time expired. But if the plane went down in the bush, the alarm would help me find it.