Flair SE5A Building- Diary - RC Groups
Nov 05, 2017, 01:18 PM
Discussion

Flair SE5A Building- Diary

Hello
Sorry my english limited....i will show instruction picture. Plans picture etc.

I start glueing parts 1 to 2 but the just enlarged the seat of n 3 because do not go inside
to remove ads between posts
Nov 08, 2017, 09:51 AM
After glued a pair of forward fuselage it got warping . I resolved momentarily puttin fuselage sides in the water (because it returns crooked after 5-6 days).
I got 2 kind of warping look picture2 and 5
Last edited by avionette; Nov 08, 2017 at 10:16 AM.
Nov 08, 2017, 10:41 AM
Maybe I'm lazy about this, but that warp seems insignificant to me in this context. Likely, you will be bending it a bit in your fully assembled fuselage anyway? Either way, a proper self supporting fuselage structure should hold the side straight once everything is assembled?
Nov 09, 2017, 01:07 PM
once you have exhaust stacks on- they may well reduce the impression of the warp. Doesn't look too bad and once solartex is applied and shrunk to the outer side that may well help pull out the warp. Its a great flying plane, used to fly one with my Dad several years ago.
Nov 10, 2017, 08:16 AM
Curious what kind of glue you used on those fuselage parts?

Next time use a medium speed epoxy spread on the entire part. And place it under something flat and fairly heavy while it cures.

To fix this one, I doubt it really needs it but, you could glue a couple of hard wood stringers to the inside of the piece. 1/8 x 1/8 should do it. Use epoxy for this and clamp things to hold it flat. Other way, depending on the pieces would be to simply make new parts. Maybe make a single piece from a thicker balsa vice the laminated one.

On second thought, skip the stringers. I suspect you have another frame member that should do the trick. Just go slow when the time comes and clamp it well.
Last edited by KMK001; Nov 10, 2017 at 12:15 PM.
Dec 06, 2017, 01:54 PM
I resolved the last warp putting the former n 18